“No frills but efficient.”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed for two weeks for work. Positives: clean, good work space, free wifi, friendly front desk staff, feels very secure. Negatives: noisy heat/ac unit, board hard bed. The bed was the real downer. When you are going to stay someplace for two weeks, an uncomfortable bed is not what you want. I know the rte was only $79 night but I would have paid more for better sleep.

As much as I would like to recommend this property, I have to give it a middling review due to the discomfort I had sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so happy to hear that your overall stay was a positive one. We work with our staff every day to ensure that we are providing a clean room at a great price, while offering the highest level of service we can. I am glad to see that we were able to provide those for you.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you did experience. Upon reading your comments, I did have our maintenance staff provide a thorough inspection of your AC/heater, reducing the noise it makes. As well, while we did upgrade our beds within the last two years, we are always working on ways to enhance the comfort of them, ensuring a good nights sleep. We promise to continue to do so, keeping feedback like yours in mind.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of your stay. If we can be of any assistance to you in the future with your hotel needs, please let me know. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stay there once or twice a year. It's a great location for my needs. It's great value for my dollar, and the people are very helpful. Izak at the front desk is super - very helpful. He will some day be a manager of some 5 star hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Art H
RDO_Sarah_L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you for your great review. I’m so thrilled to hear your positive remarks about our staff member Izak and the property. Every day we strive to provide our guests with five star service!
I am happy we were able to provide such a positive experience for you! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a fluke on Priceline. No complaints though! Quiet property, detailed cleaning in the room I stayed. Izak made check in fast and filled me in on everything I needed to know you. No hair dryer in the room but he went out of his way to run one to my room. Over all 100% satisfaction. Would definitely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Lovesshoes514
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled to hear that Izak went above and beyond to accommodate your needs. it's truly rewarding to provide our guests with great service and experience the recognition. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

All staff was very friendly.

Izak helped make accommodations work our and went our of his way to be helpful in any way possible. Very service friendly employee

Also felt very safe staying here. My room number was not given out to a visitor the receptionist called my room to verify with me.

The room was very clean and a good size. Overall i only have pleasant things to say.

• Stayed: December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It's also terrific to hear you felt safe and at home at your hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and do look forward to having you back on your next trip to Novi.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I was happy with the clean rooms and quiet environment. No loud music or parties at 3:00 AM like other local places. Housekeeping does a good job and I had no issues during my 3 month stay. This is the best Extended Stay that I have ever stayed at. Friendly staff and professional attitudes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your three month stay with us was a pleasant one. It's always rewarding to hear that our staff delivered on our promise of great guest service. I appreciate you posting this review. Thank you for choosing our hotel in Novi.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

I truly can say that I had a very positive experience at this hotel. The staff there was top notch, as soon as I stepped in the door I was greeted kindly by Izak at the front desk, he made me feel welcome and I could tell that it was important to him that my stay be one to remember. I appreciate the care that I had and I am definitely going to make sure that I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that I know staying in the area! Thank you all very much and I will be looking forward to my future stays there.

Room Tip: Tell Izak what kind of room will be best suited for you and he will make magic happen i promise!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was wonderful to read about your positive experience with us. It's to hear that Izak went above and beyond to make sure your stay was comfortable. We really appreciate your business. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

My wife and I had a last minute trip to the Detroit area and we needed to bring our Belgian Shepard with us. Normally I look for motel where we can park in front of the room door for ease of unloading and loading, but could not find any choices in the area. So we tried Extended Stay.

We were given a room on the second floor, but since the management was thoughtful and provides carts, it was convenient and easy to move our belongings to the room. Around the hotel was adequate green space for our dog to do his "duty" which we cleaned up and it appears other pet owners do too. The room was functional in design and very comfortable. It was clean.

The staff was helpful, friendly and professional. The pet fee of $25 seems a bit high to me compared to the typical $10-15 we pay at other hotels, but overall we were satisfied with the value. We will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us in Novi. I am so happy to hear we were able to accomodate your pet needs during your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Novi
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Staybridge Suites - Novi
3 mi away
TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#9 of 13 in Farmington Hills

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road? Share your experiences!