“Almost perfect”

Courtyard Detroit Novi
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I got great service on check-in from Ruthie. I planned to use an eCertificate for a free night and was welcomed as a gold member. My room was #208, and there was an issue in the middle of the night. I was pleased with the response of the staff member. After 1/2 hour of extremely loud noise from the room next door (#210), I phoned the front desk near midnight and said I was concerned. I am not normally irritated by hotel noise, but it had gone on for quite awhile. I sensed many people were occupying the room next door, as I heard four separate showers taken and a lot of loud conversation. The front desk clerk apologized and said he'd check on it. Within five minutes, I heard him knock on the door of the room beside me and the noise immediately ceased. Oddly enough, it started again four hours later (similar - loud conversation, people knocking on doors or walls, and multiple showers taken). It occurred to me that there is a significant amount of road construction on 11 Mile, and that's the closest hotel. It's possible, although I am not sure, that the construction company may have rented a room or two for its workers to share to get rest between shifts. Other than that issue, which interfered with a good night's sleep, I would recommend the hotel. My suggestion would be that one should ask for a room on another level.

Room Tip: See my suggestion above about avoiding room #208. Also, when looking for the hotel, you may find it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent a couple of nights here recently and it is a very nice hotel. The lobby and restaurant area have recently been renovated. There is a pool. The rooms are nice with comfortable beds. The showers had good water pressure. The staff was overwhelmingly friendly. Would highly recommend this place if you happen to be in Novi, Michigan.

Room Tip: Not really sure about the other rooms but mine had a deck which is nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I arrived here as the 4th hotel in my trip and this was an oasis of competence and calm in the midst of a bad trip. Carlos greeted me cordially when I arrived at midnight, and had everything ready for me - exactly as I had requested. A quiet room, Gold benefits offered, a calm attitude and welcoming smile went a LONG way to making me feel welcome - thank you!

I found the rest of the staff to be equally competent and pleasant to deal with - from front desk personnel with directions or suggestions to room maids who were friendly and did a great job.

Thanks, Courtyard!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed for a night here while in the Detroit area for a Tigers game. The hotel was clean, staff pleasant, and the room very nice. The pool area is excellent! Very close to Twelve Oaks Mall and lots of other shopping venues. Many great places to eat nearby as well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in a two queen room and had a great time. The room and entire hotel was very clean. My only complaint and it is a big one was the WiFi was beyond horrible. We stayed on the third floor and I walked the entire floor and was able to keep a connection however the speed to download was the worst in any hotel we stated at before.

The hotel is close to shopping and several restaurants and a Walmart is in walking distance.

My kids loved the pool. On a excellent customer service note we had to leave early and the cafe was still being set up however when I asked the front desk what time she will be open I need a coffee he went and got us two coffees!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I have lived in worse situations. The rooms are clean,modernized, 2 flat screens, computer table. 2 couches 3 sinks, 3 lamps, microwave, mini fridge, nice color combo. All it's missing is an Asian model. Defiantly stay here mostly if you want to go to the 12 oaks mall. The mall is across the freeway.

Stayed: December 2013
Bonnie R, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your review of the Novi Courtyard by Marriott. We appreciate your feedback! We hope to see you next time you visit the local mall.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We booked this room at the last minute because we were attending an event in the area. There was an impending ice storm heading our way and we didnt want to drive home in the middle of it at night. We booked directly with the hotel, service was quick and pleasant. They described the available rooms in detail and asked which we would prefer (although they did not disclose the cost until I asked). We took the basic king room. Checked in about an hour after making the reservation.

Location: The location of this hotel is right in the middle of a shopping area. It can be a little hard to find if your using the street address and a GPS. Ours took us through the actual shopping plaza. After getting there we realized there is a more straight forward way to get there off the main road. But it is walking distance to a Walmart, several places to eat and shopping. There is also a large mall and numerous shopping plaza's and restaurants within 1-2 miles drive.

Check-in: No line, very easy. Friendly. Offered a breakfast upgrade for $10, which we declined. There is no free breakfast included. The lobby is large, with several TV screens and places to sit/lounge. Everything looked clean and tidy.

Room: Our room was on the second floor. Large room with a king bed, desk and TV/dresser. The bathroom was standard with sink outside the door. Everything here looked clean as well. I did not notice a hairdryer. There may have been one that I missed, but if this is important you may want to double check. The towels were nice and thick. Bed was made up nice with crisp sheets and several pillow selections.

Pool/Hot Tub: The pool area was located in the hallway off the main lobby. The area is small, but has several tables/chairs. The pool is on the small side, not big enough to swim laps but big enough for kids to splash around. It is 3ft on shallow end and 4ft on the deep end. It was heated and the water temperature was comfortable. The hot tub was also on the small side, max capacity is 4 persons. It was hot and served its purpose. There was a chair lift available to assistant getting in/out of both the pool and hot tub. My complaint here is that there were no towels in the pool area. There was a shelf area where I assume they are intended to be, but there were none there. My husband had to walk to the desk in his bathing suit to request towels.

Overall, I felt this was a very nice hotel at a decent price. No frills, but it is clean, bright, welcoming, comfortable, and safe. Slightly disappointed it doesnt include a breakfast of any kind, but there are plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of the Novi Courtyard by Marriott. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. For future reference, we do have blow dryers in all of our rooms and the front desk would have been glad to assist you in locating yours. I apologize that our towels were not stocked in the pool area at that time. We look forward to seeing you again soon!