“Olive Garden, Okemos, MI”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #17 of 118 Restaurants in Okemos
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good service and good food. Interesting drinks, Italian Margarita was very good. The seating was quick.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My latest experience at this chain restaurant confirms my conviction to only dine at locally owned restaurants that actually care about their patrons. From time to time, I have ordered take out dinners from Olive Garden. Of the last four orders, three have been wrong. Tonight's dinner order resulted in one completely wrong and very weird dinner and a second that appeared to double the ingredient that was requested to be omitted. Upon calling to complain, I was placed on hold for a total of 11 minutes before speaking to a manager. This restaurant seems so (artificially) busy, (they keep people waiting in the lobby even though there are many available tables in the restaurant), I just don't think they care. I will not be returning to this chain any time soon. And by the way, when you call in to the chain, the recorded message mispronounces the name of our community.

1  Thank scottie4851
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our lunch at the Olive garden was great. The food and beverages were wonderful and the service was good as well.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I went here a few days ago (3-11-2014) with my fiancee's mom. We had lunch around 2 pm. Our server was Deja L. and she didn't know about the separate drink menu booklet. I asked for the drink menu and she came back with the same lunch menu and said that was it. Right on the lunch menu, near the short list of drinks, it said something about "ask for the full drink menu." Ok? So we both drank free waters instead of ordering alcoholic drinks they would have made money on.

I absolutely LOVE the Ravioli stuffed with Portabella Mushrooms!!! So good I would ask for it as my last meal before being executed! MMmmmmmm...

On the receipt it has suggestions for tips! 15, 18 and 20% amounts. Are people that lazy or stupid they can not figure out the tips themselves? Is that how Olive Garden views the customers?

Oh! I have a thing for cleanliness and looked up above the section of booths to see dust covered wood lattice that makes up the ceiling! Eww. Are they that busy that they do not look around and keep it spotless? My fiancee and I ate in this same location before and had issues with dust right near our food on the wall. Yuck. If the Portabella Ravioli leaves the menu I have no reason to come back. Just sayin'.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Salad and breadsticks are always good. Hostess and servers were polite and attentive. One of the entrees we ordered,however, looked and tasted like it had been in warming oven for an hour before serving. They remade the entree and comp'd it. Other entrees were mediocre at best. So service was good, but food was lacking.