Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Coloma, Michigan, United States
“Great Cleanliness”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just stayed here for 5 nights for business. Hotel is located a bit off of the main road so it is hard to see. My best compliment is their cleaning crew. The bathroom/shower sparkled every day. A great shine on everything. The facilities are not brand new either so great attention to detail in cleaning, in the bathroom and out. Lots of breakfast choices at the free breakfast bar as well. Overall nice place. Free wifi and numerous restaurants very near by.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mark M,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review! It is fantastic to hear that you had a great stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)! It is also great to hear you found our cleaning staff to be 100% along with the breakfast! Thanks again and we hope to see you next time!

Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was a pleasure of visiting this hotel. Clean and the price was great. The breakfast bar was great also. This was the third hotel this year. That we had stay at all Holiday Inns Express. The service and staff were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Ray T,

Thank you very much for your kind review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)! It is always wonderful to hear that our guests are enjoying the service and our staff! Have a wonderful week and we hope to see you next time!

Rochester, MI
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked this room the last minute and it worked out well. I got the hot tub suite for a few reasons; one being the fact that I knew it was going to be nice out and I would go running. Soaking in a jacuzzi tub with my husband would be awesome! The ONLY problem was, the tub didnt work. We filled up the massive (its huge) tub and pushed the button, it never turned on. After playing with it and trying to figure it all out, i gave up. I climbed into a tub of hot water. It was very disappointing... (more on the tub to follow).

The room is VERY clean and large. The bed was comfortable and clean. Since you have such a huge hot tub in the room, they took part of the bathroom so the shower is a small corner shower. Almost the size of one on a cruise. It was tight for my husband but I was ok with it. The breakfast area in the morning was nice. The food was HOT and fresh and there was always another pan of eggs, sausage or whatever waiting. THe hotel is well marked and liked that the outside of the building has markings for room numbers so you know where to park to be closest to your room. Checking in was smooth and easy and every employee was friendly. The pool area was clean and nice, nobody swam when we were there, but it was very well kept.
When we were leaving for the day on Saturday, I mentioned to the front desk about the jacuzzi, she said "Ok, Ill get maintenance on it for you." We were gone ALL day and rolled back in after 10pm. The only thing I wanted to do after being outside and walking was to go and sit in he jacuzzi. I got back to the room and looked at it. I couldnt tell if anyone had even checked it out. There were no traces of water in it (and since it has to be filled above the sensor, I knew they couldnt try the tub without filling it, and neither could I). I began the process of filling the tub to the sensor on it again, and hit the button; NOTHING! I was extremely disappointed and a little upset. I paid extra for a jacuzzi suite, if I wanted to sit in a bath tub I would have. This was very upsetting. I sat in the tub for about 10 minutes, drained it and went to bed, it was too late to complain or have maintenance come up, we were leaving in the morning anyway. My husband mentioned that they should have at least left a note or a phone call saying that they tried to fix it and couldnt. Anything would have been nice than just ignoring it. I have no idea if it was ever looked at, if it cant be repaired or what, but I almost feel like I got taken for the extra money on the tub.

Nevertheless, the hotel is very nice. If I stay in another jacuzzi room here, I will make sure the tub works before I get settled or I will just get a regular room with a tub and skip the jacuzzi since its pretty much what I had anyway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karenl0323
Dear Karenl0203,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I am very sorry that your Jacuzzi tub did not work properly and that we were not able to fix the issue for you. Please feel free to contact me at msuhiextaylor@gmail.com next time you are in the area and I would be happy to assure you our best Jacuzzi room to prove to you how relaxing they can be! Have a wonderful day!

Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stay here regularly for business. Its a well kept up hotel in my opinion. Has a good workout room and the rooms are in good shape. I love the location. I go down the street to Franks for happy hour.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris B
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Chris B,

Thank you for writing a review! I am so delighted to hear that you stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) regularly for business! It is always nice to hear that people like our newly improved workout room as well! Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

DeWitt, Michigan
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I reserved a suite for my daughter & myself. I was very excited to take my daughter on her first scrap weekend. And I really enjoyed this hotel previously in Nov. the room was large & fairly clean, found tape on the door frame and a marker under my box spring skirt. Very large bathroom, shower kinda small but great water pressure. Nice sized fridge & microwave, had a nice bar sitting area, kinda close to the door, didn't get to use. Doors shut off bedroom from living room so daughter didn't have to hear me snore, lol, that was great! Beds were quite comfy!!! Great TVs but could use more stations. Went to use the hot tub in room, but it was broke :( Hotel gave me a small refund to compensate, which I appreciate. Nice pool, very refreshing and a great breakfast - fruit, breads, eggs (hot & cold) different meat each day, pancakes, yogurt, cereal (hot & cold), juices. Our event was in neighboring hotel but I really prefer this one. Bummed that rewards program has changed a little. Will be staying again in Fall 2014!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear SheriK2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback and I am sorry your Jacuzzi tub was not working properly during your stay. I am however, happy to hear we were able to compensate you for the inconvenience. I will also inform housekeeping about the marker under your bed skirt. We appreciate your loyalty here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Thank you!

Faribault, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Courteous and professional staff. Clean rooms, excellent breakfast. Staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Breakfast area was big enough to host our hockey team. The staff opened up early to allow for our early game.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear John L,

Thank you for writing a review! I am glad that you and your hockey team had a great stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Okemos (MSU Area). It is always wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our courteous staff and breakfast as well! We hope to see you again soon next time you are in the area!

Guest Relations Manager
Holiday Inn Express Okemos (MSU Area)
Paducah, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed one night. The room was nice sized with a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was not real clean, so we didn't use it. The rest of the room was fine. Security seemed to be good with locks on all exterior doors.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Stan G,
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am sorry to hear about the jacuzzi and I will look further into this issue. I am glad that you were happy with the security at our property as we make sure all the doors are properly locked all day. We hope to see you again soon and safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 25 in Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!