Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Des Moines, Iowa
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our extended family has stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years. The rooms are always clean, lobby decorated so lovely and the breakfast is wonderful! There is something for everyone! The pool and exercise room have all recently been redone. The staff is friendly and welcoming! It is truly like going home for us! Thank you for providing such great service to us!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Mary S,

Thank you very much for writing this wonderful review! It is such a delight to hear that we are your "home away from home" and you and your family are able to relax and enjoy your time here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

msuhiextaylor@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I travel back to this area often, this is the first time I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is right off the highway. It's a little ways from MSU campus. From the outside of the building it looks like it's an older hotel. I was a little concerned how clean the place would be. To my surprise, the inside of the hotel is clean, warm and inviting the staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar offers a good choice of things for adults and children. There's free WIFI. I will be staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Tracy S,

Thank you for writing this review! I am glad that you found our rooms to be very clean and the staff to be friendly and inviting! Since we are an older hotel, we are constantly renovating and updating to suit all of our guests needs! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Sankt Polten, Austria
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos offers spacious and clean rooms, an indoor pool and a complimentary breakfast. WLan is free but rather slow. I can recommend this hotel if you are travelling with a car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Friedrich_A,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious clean rooms, indoor pool, and complimentary breakfast! However, I am very sorry that your internet ran rather slow. We do have wi-fi support if you are ever finding your internet to be too slow and our front desk staff would be happy to correct that problem for you in the future! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you next time!

Coloma, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just stayed here for 5 nights for business. Hotel is located a bit off of the main road so it is hard to see. My best compliment is their cleaning crew. The bathroom/shower sparkled every day. A great shine on everything. The facilities are not brand new either so great attention to detail in cleaning, in the bathroom and out. Lots of breakfast choices at the free breakfast bar as well. Overall nice place. Free wifi and numerous restaurants very near by.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mark M,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review! It is fantastic to hear that you had a great stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)! It is also great to hear you found our cleaning staff to be 100% along with the breakfast! Thanks again and we hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was a pleasure of visiting this hotel. Clean and the price was great. The breakfast bar was great also. This was the third hotel this year. That we had stay at all Holiday Inns Express. The service and staff were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Ray T,

Thank you very much for your kind review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)! It is always wonderful to hear that our guests are enjoying the service and our staff! Have a wonderful week and we hope to see you next time!

Rochester, MI
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked this room the last minute and it worked out well. I got the hot tub suite for a few reasons; one being the fact that I knew it was going to be nice out and I would go running. Soaking in a jacuzzi tub with my husband would be awesome! The ONLY problem was, the tub didnt work. We filled up the massive (its huge) tub and pushed the button, it never turned on. After playing with it and trying to figure it all out, i gave up. I climbed into a tub of hot water. It was very disappointing... (more on the tub to follow).

The room is VERY clean and large. The bed was comfortable and clean. Since you have such a huge hot tub in the room, they took part of the bathroom so the shower is a small corner shower. Almost the size of one on a cruise. It was tight for my husband but I was ok with it. The breakfast area in the morning was nice. The food was HOT and fresh and there was always another pan of eggs, sausage or whatever waiting. THe hotel is well marked and liked that the outside of the building has markings for room numbers so you know where to park to be closest to your room. Checking in was smooth and easy and every employee was friendly. The pool area was clean and nice, nobody swam when we were there, but it was very well kept.
When we were leaving for the day on Saturday, I mentioned to the front desk about the jacuzzi, she said "Ok, Ill get maintenance on it for you." We were gone ALL day and rolled back in after 10pm. The only thing I wanted to do after being outside and walking was to go and sit in he jacuzzi. I got back to the room and looked at it. I couldnt tell if anyone had even checked it out. There were no traces of water in it (and since it has to be filled above the sensor, I knew they couldnt try the tub without filling it, and neither could I). I began the process of filling the tub to the sensor on it again, and hit the button; NOTHING! I was extremely disappointed and a little upset. I paid extra for a jacuzzi suite, if I wanted to sit in a bath tub I would have. This was very upsetting. I sat in the tub for about 10 minutes, drained it and went to bed, it was too late to complain or have maintenance come up, we were leaving in the morning anyway. My husband mentioned that they should have at least left a note or a phone call saying that they tried to fix it and couldnt. Anything would have been nice than just ignoring it. I have no idea if it was ever looked at, if it cant be repaired or what, but I almost feel like I got taken for the extra money on the tub.

Nevertheless, the hotel is very nice. If I stay in another jacuzzi room here, I will make sure the tub works before I get settled or I will just get a regular room with a tub and skip the jacuzzi since its pretty much what I had anyway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karenl0323
Dear Karenl0203,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I am very sorry that your Jacuzzi tub did not work properly and that we were not able to fix the issue for you. Please feel free to contact me at msuhiextaylor@gmail.com next time you are in the area and I would be happy to assure you our best Jacuzzi room to prove to you how relaxing they can be! Have a wonderful day!

Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stay here regularly for business. Its a well kept up hotel in my opinion. Has a good workout room and the rooms are in good shape. I love the location. I go down the street to Franks for happy hour.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris B
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Chris B,

Thank you for writing a review! I am so delighted to hear that you stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) regularly for business! It is always nice to hear that people like our newly improved workout room as well! Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#14 of 25 in Lansing
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!