“Meet our expectations for a Marriot property” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn East Lansing

Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Delhi, Canada
“Meet our expectations for a Marriot property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Hotel stay was routine for a Fairfield Inn. No surprises or disappointments.The hotel is located close to several restaurants within easy walking distance. The overall price/value is exceptional as it usually is with all Fairfield Inns

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ErieBoater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Grand Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I purchased 2 rooms for our family for a one night stay via Priceline, and despite some of the stories I've read about being treated less-than-politely by staff at various hotels because of this, we had no problems. The young woman at the desk who greeted us was very pleasant. Our rooms were clean and well maintained. Our kids' room had a slight musty odor when we arrived, but turning on the air conditioning solved that issue. The walls and doors are a bit thin, so one can hear the goings on, but fortunately we didn't have a problem. The only problem we had was in the breakfast area in the morning. Although the person working it was friendly, she was not present enough. Because we couldn't find her we had to eat our eggs, sausage and a waffle with a spoon (forks were gone when we arrived 1/2 hour before the hours ended). However, for $65 I wasn't expecting the Ritz, so I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for the right price.

Room Tip: For quiet, ask for a room at the end of the hall on the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Grand Blanc MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

Reserved rooms because of ATF at the Breslin Center. The hotel kept trying to have us change our rooms from a double to a King. Our group was split up and not given rollaway beds because we believe they overbooked rooms. People had to sleep on the floor. We asked for extra blankets at 6pm and by midnight we had not receieved them. The manager of the hotel knew they were sold out, and left only one person for the whole hotel in charge.No housekeeping for 6 hours? We had to get in line and wait for blankets until after midnight because only one person was working and he said he could noy help us unless we came to him. People were allowed to hang in the hall and talk.We were told that our tv was too loud, but it was to drown out all the noise from the hallway. Who would tell them to stop, the one and only person left in charge? Funny, they had no problem cantacting our room! They would not even honor our tax exempt status!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

I checked in at 6 pm after a long day with much work to do in the evening. I had been given an "upgrade" because of my Marriott rewards status. The room was on the first floor (there was no similar room on the second), it smelled of smoke and the window lock wasn't secure. I looked at it and immediately asked for a second floor room. I was told they couldn't give me one and, if I didn't want the room, I would be charged since it was after 6 pm. This left me with a very poor impression of their customer service. It took a call to a manager before the room charge was deleted and I found myself searching for a new place at the last minute, but with no intention of returning to the Fairfield. (The hotel computer wasn't working to help me with my search, either.)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Santa Clarita
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2008

I was very happy with the value at this particular Fairfield Inn. I had a long day of business (started in Detroit, then to Ann Arbor before East Lansing in the evening) and was too tired at the end of the day to head back to the Detroit area so at the last minute I was able to secure a room.
At $129 for a room with a jacuzzi, I was sold. The property is very basic, nothing fancy, but it was clean and well maintained. The in-room jacuzzi was actually quite fancy with a waterfall flowing down the back of it and submerged lights all around. The jacuzzi is located in the room itself so I was able to relax while watching a football game on the television. Towels were on the small side, but two did the job.
If you need good, basic accommodations in the MSU area, this is a solid choice.

• Liked — Value, friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — Small bathroom, minimal bath products
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Wheelersburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2008

Very nice hotel! Rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel has a very nice pool and hot tub area. The breakfast is very nice as well with microwave Jimmy Dean sandwiches, hot oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, yogurt and fruit. Staff was great and we enjoyed our stay. We were traveling with a school group and we were given a reduced "government" rate of only $65 per night!

• Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2008

I needed a hotel in the Leslie area account of my brothers funeral ,which because of the holidays and other reasons was
spread out over several days.. We live 220 miles away. The employee asked why we were coming to Okemos and when I told him he said they had a funeral rate. I have never heard of such a thing. The rate helped us greatly. Then when we left we forgot a pillow ,wife called and they said you forgot your pillow and it will be here for you when you return the next day.

All the help there was excellent the faclity was great and location perfect.
Empolyees of Fairfield Okemos THANK YOU
Fairfield Inn Corp Thank You
We will be watching for Fairfield Inns on our way to FL. Sunday6th and Monday 7th

Keith Banister
keithrb_4@hotmail.com

• Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#13 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Fairfield Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!