“Comfy room and great front desk”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orion
Franklin, Tennessee
“Comfy room and great front desk”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Good value with large rooms. Everything was what you would expect. Went for a wedding with a large group. Everyone enjoyed staying at this friendly hotel. Only criticism is the elevator floors were not cleaned well and the room carpeting needed cleaning. Everything else was as expected. Good value.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom W
Joleisha B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your four star review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Butlerville, Indiana
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had 3 Managers scheduled to stay at the SpringHill Suites by the Palace of Auburn Hills. Upon arrival, they were told that they did not have their rooms and put them in a Quality Inn. I know that sometimes, these things happen...but to take Marriott Elite Gold memebers and put them in a Quality Inn is not acceptable. We book w/ Marriott because we have a service expectation, apparently they view themselves on par w/ Quality Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mindy P
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here because we were attending a concert at the Palace and this is the closest hotel. The hotel was comfortable and clean (for the most part). The breakfast in the morning was adequate except we hit it a little late (around 9 a.m) and there wasn't much left. The pool is a little small (even for hotel standards), but they have a whirlpool and normal size workout facility. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The property was clean and located close to a Culvers, McDonalds and gas station. Also it was conveniently located near I-75. If we were to come back to the Palace and needed to stay overnight, we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew C
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after finding no other rooms available in Auburn Hills. Check in was good and the rooms are very nice. I noticed one other review about the carpets having stains, our room had stains on the carpets too.
The couple staying next door to us came back very late and had a huge fight, you could hear every word. They then proceeded to "make up" if you know what I mean, we had to put pillows over our heads. So if you want a good nights sleep, these rooms aren't very sound proof.
Never stayed for breakfast so I can't tell you if it was good or not.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Dorsetgirl27
Lisa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. We do keep complimentary ear plugs at the desk, for those that are light sleepers.

I appreciate your kind words regarding your easy check in and I will pass along your compliment to the appropriate staff member.

Thank you for choosing us and I hope you will come back and visit us again!

Ontario
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Click if this was helpful, I write a lot of them and read a lot this is a great place to find out if your going to like where you are going.
Used a bidding site to book this hotel and got it for %50 of the listed price.
It was clean and fairly new.
Breakfast and wifi included so for under $60 a night this was an excellent choice.
Very friendly staff always came to desk to greet us, which is not necessary but good customer service.
The breakfast was ok, not great but for what we paid it was adequate. Had I paid full price I wouldn't be very impressed with the very poor selection and poor coffee.
We didn't use the pool, but it was really busy so others must have found it very good.
The gym looked like an average hotel gym, usable.
Our room was excellent, and L shaped couch with desk and two nice queen beds.
The pillows. 3 per person of different hardness were terrible and we all woke with sore necks and backs after each of our 2 night stay.
Wifi was very strong and clear anytime we used it.
A daily newspaper would have been nice but not a breaking point.
Overall I would have said excellent if it weren't for the pillows.
Note GPS couldn't find this new road so we had to improvise.

Room Tip: Use a bidding service
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gunth
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you felt the level of customer service was to your satisfaction!

I hope you will come back to visit us when we roll out the new Springhill Suites breakfast! I think that you will find that the new selections are terrific and much to your liking.

I am sorry that you did not find the pillows comfortable. I know that this is a very personal choice and it is often times hard to meet everyone's needs in this area.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This hotel is the only one closest to The Palace of Auburn Hills and had a decent stay, check in was good and rooms are clean. had a problem with the shower draining the 1st morning and brought it to hotels attention but the next day had the same problem, when checking out I asked for directions to DTW airport but the person on duty wasn't sure how to get there. The breakfast was good and fresh. Overall I would stay again only because it is so close to the Venue rather than travel 10 miles to the next closest hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to our area. I apologize that your request to have the shower fixed was not addressed during your stay. I will be sure to look into why that was not taken care of immediately.

I am surprised to hear that our front desk employee was not able to provide you directions to the Detroit airport. We do keep a binder of directions available at the front desk and we have printed and map directions to DTW. Again, please accept my apologies that we were not able to provide you with the service that you inquired about.

We hope you will stay again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel was very nice! Both the lobby & rooms had contemporary decor. A very, warm & inviting atmosphere. The hot buffet breakfast was awesome not to mention free! Was not pleased with front desk staff. I booked 2 rms w/ my credit card. My family arrived & checked in before I did. When I arrived, I asked what room was the rest of my family assigned to. They said they couldn't tell me b/c of privacy issues. I stressed my card paid for the rooms & I am entitled to know. They refused to tell me! Other than that experience the hotel stay was great. And I just called my family from the lobby & asked what room were they in!

• Stayed October 2012
Lisa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property and your experience with us. I will certainly pass this along to our staff to let them know the impact that their efforts had on your stay.

I know that our security measures can sometimes seem inconvenient, but we always keep our guests safety forefront in our thoughts and actions. I will discuss this with my front desk staff to see if there is a way that we could have handled this situation in a kinder fashion.

Thank you for allowing us to take care of your lodging needs. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in the area.

Lisa Pusateri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orion
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills
Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills
#11 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!