“Not Impressed but my room was free”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orion
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Not Impressed but my room was free”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

For a hotel that's about 5 years old its quickly showing is age or at least my room was. I assume my room is rented out more often since it is at the end of the hall. The bed has a visible body print the size of a large man, the carpet and couch had stains but those thing I could look beyond what grossed me out we're the whiskers stuck to the wall inside the shower! It was clear to me that the shower was cleaned 1-2 times a month. There was mold in the corners and along the bottom of the door. I'm not a super housewife but there are 2 showers a day in my home and my tub is cleaned only once a week and I don't have mold at home so a shower used once a day and cleaned once a day should be SPOTLESS!

The rooms square footage wise are small when you actually stop and think about it but their use of space and colors really make it feel big. Their decor was trendy and not boring typical hotel couch, bed, tv lined up one long wall. There was also a nice fridge and microwave which I see other hotel chains doing away with.

All in all it was an OK stay. If. I had made my review before getting into the shower it would have been 4 or maybe 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CarrieKA
Lisa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared this review with my housekeeping and engineering managers to review how we can eliminate this experience in the future. We hope you would be willing to give us another try to see the improvements that we have made.

We do appreciate your feedback and will strive to serve you better in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Loved this hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast choices were very good with some healthy options. Staff were very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any of our clients visiting this beautiful area of Michigan.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steve T
Thank you for your kind words! I will be sure to pass them along to my staff and let them know that their efforts were recognized.

I am glad that you enjoyed the new Springhill breakfast! It is quite a change of pace from the standard hotel breakfast!

We hope you will be back to visit again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Traumatic experience. Planned to stay 2 nights with spouse and our 2 young children. Check in was great. At 11:30pm, night staff member barged into our room unannounced, uninvited without warning and without our consent and yes our door was locked. It scared the whole family and oddly no one responded to my screams. Mario was rude, unprofessional. He did not identify himself by name and was not wearing identification. I learned his name later. He blamed me, other staff and the computer for what he alleged was an error in notification that the room was vacant. He then left and called our room a while later hung up when I answered then called again. I am astounded by his unprofessionalism and rudeness. He continued to blame us and other staff for his error. Only he knows what his true motivation was for barging into our room, breaching our privacy and causing a night of terror. Additionally he returned at 3:30am and was pounding on the door adjacent to our room. My young children were traumatized and so was I. It was horrible. When we checked out Nick was wonderful, compassionate and apologetic and it was not his fault. He assisted us in contacting the general manager and she said she would look into this breach of policy and procedures and get back to us the next day. We have not heard from her. We will never stay at this hotel again. My children and I have had nightmares. It was a horrible experience and inexcusable!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Sb98c
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Good value with large rooms. Everything was what you would expect. Went for a wedding with a large group. Everyone enjoyed staying at this friendly hotel. Only criticism is the elevator floors were not cleaned well and the room carpeting needed cleaning. Everything else was as expected. Good value.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom W
Joleisha B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your four star review. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Butlerville, Indiana
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had 3 Managers scheduled to stay at the SpringHill Suites by the Palace of Auburn Hills. Upon arrival, they were told that they did not have their rooms and put them in a Quality Inn. I know that sometimes, these things happen...but to take Marriott Elite Gold memebers and put them in a Quality Inn is not acceptable. We book w/ Marriott because we have a service expectation, apparently they view themselves on par w/ Quality Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mindy P
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here because we were attending a concert at the Palace and this is the closest hotel. The hotel was comfortable and clean (for the most part). The breakfast in the morning was adequate except we hit it a little late (around 9 a.m) and there wasn't much left. The pool is a little small (even for hotel standards), but they have a whirlpool and normal size workout facility. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The property was clean and located close to a Culvers, McDonalds and gas station. Also it was conveniently located near I-75. If we were to come back to the Palace and needed to stay overnight, we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew C
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after finding no other rooms available in Auburn Hills. Check in was good and the rooms are very nice. I noticed one other review about the carpets having stains, our room had stains on the carpets too.
The couple staying next door to us came back very late and had a huge fight, you could hear every word. They then proceeded to "make up" if you know what I mean, we had to put pillows over our heads. So if you want a good nights sleep, these rooms aren't very sound proof.
Never stayed for breakfast so I can't tell you if it was good or not.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Dorsetgirl27
Lisa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. We do keep complimentary ear plugs at the desk, for those that are light sleepers.

I appreciate your kind words regarding your easy check in and I will pass along your compliment to the appropriate staff member.

Thank you for choosing us and I hope you will come back and visit us again!

Lisa Pusateri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orion
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#4 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
#3 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
#6 of 17 in Auburn Hills

Been to SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!