“Terrible Hotel Service”

Add it.
Lakewood Shores Resort - Blackshire Golf Course
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Oscoda
More attraction details
Owner description: Spread over less than 200 acres of rugged and natural landscape, this 18-hole championship golf course has the look and feel of New Jersey's famous Pine Valley Country Club.
Rochester Hills
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible Hotel Service”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Like everyone's review, golf was good. Blackshire was infested with mosquitos, even with bug sray, got eaten alive. Course was in good condition with great greens. Gale was also very challenging although it was very crowded. However, the Lodging accomodation and service was terrible. We received the call at 9pm stating the front desk will be closed. They told us the room number and the room will be "unlocked" and if it is locked call the maid service. When we finally found the rooms 11:00pm (took us 15minutes), the rooms were locked and nobody answered. We were able to finally "jimmyed" the locks with credit cards and open the doors. Rooms were clean but noticed no towers in the bathrooms but had envelope with "tip" on it. When we complained next morning to the front desk, all they said was "sorry". That was it. Nothing.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank lzh7gh

Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THIS PLACE A RIP OFF”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The courses were ok except for the mosquitos (ever thought of spraying)but that was it.The rooms were musty with small beds.......I can live with that.What I really object to is getting my things gone thru and items turnd up missing.When reported,the guy at the front desk did not seem to care whatsoever.STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

3 Thank joe c
Brownstown Township, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Never again”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Golf courses were in great shape although some of the Serradella greens had a mold/fungus problem. The Gailes is probably the most challenging course I have ever played. We were there in mid June and the mosquitos on Blackshire were the worst I have ever seen in my life. The locals call it Bugshire. Nice course but the bugs ruined the experience. Walk anywhere near the trees and you literally have 100 mosquitos on you.
Our problem is the resort itself. Two of the guys had their luggage rifled through while we were golfing and $300 worth of items were stolen. We reported this to the front desk and their response was “Wow. That’s too bad” They didn’t even bother to write up any type of report on it. We were in the room between rounds one day and hear a knock on the door. “Maintenance” a guy yells. It took me 20 seconds to answer the door and as I am opening the door he already has a key in the door and is opening it. He was very startled to see me and stutters something about “Oh, I was just going to go blow your deck off” and then turns and walks away. It didn’t hit me until the next day when they stole the items but:
1. Why does he have to cut through our room to blow off the deck on a ground floor room?
2. It is June and there is nothing on the deck to blow off.
3. He didn’t have a blower !!!
I reported this to the desk and got the same apathetic response. I gave a good description of the guy. They took no action at all.
The rooms themselves were OK. The biggest complaint is they had no microwave and the fridge is one of those little mini ones. We have 8 guys that go up north every year and the wives always make us a bunch of food to warm up and not having a microwave was a major inconvenience. You can buy one for $40 – why wouldn’t a resort that advertises a full kitchen have one?
Also for you techies, cell service is spotty and there is no Wi-Fi.
I am glad that I golfed the courses but every person in our group said we are never going back there again.

2 Thank robert m
Fife, Scotland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“More water than Waterville, Arizona”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Rubbish course, not told about casual water. Won't be back. Read my review about the Gailes, it gets worse.

Blenheim, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Blackshire”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Probably the best of the three for golfing. There had been a lot of rain so some of the opening holes had a lot of water on the fairways. Overall, the best of the three courses