Camp Inn Lodge
US$58
  • Free Internet
US$316
US$121
Bay Inn Tawas(Tawas City)
US$97
US$95
Crows Nest Inn(Tawas City)
US$76
US$74
US$76
US$74
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake huronfire pitcast iron skilletonion ringsroom was largea wonderful place to stayon site restaurantcharcoal grillchicken dumplingsbeach accessfrigmichigan
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My family and I stayed here last weekend. What a wonderful little getaway spot! They have an extremely friendly staff. Every one was very friendly. We had some really good pizza for dinner. The kids loved the water slides. There was a dj with karaoke. Something for everyone. We will definitely come back again when we need a little r&r!

1  Thank Ladybug0472
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Let's see...clogged bathtub, hair on sheets and pillowcases, hard beds, peeling wallpaper, dingy lampshades, no amenities whatsoever, furniture looks like it's straight out of a bad National Lampoon movie, loud music played well into the night, bad service. Yes, next time I will pitch a tent, have a bonfire, and save my money. The only good remark I have is that the housekeepers and the night auditor were very nice.

5  Thank Newmom2012
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I, as well as several other family members, had the misfortune of staying at the Woodland Pines Resort this past weekend. We traveled to the area to attend an annual family reunion. On our first night, my wife flushed the toilet only to have it not flush properly and back up. My first instinct was to telephone the front desk to inquire if a plunger was available. The lady I spoke with informed me that one was available, but I would have to meet her in the hallway near the front desk to get it. Once I returned to the room, I began the process of attempting to clear what I perceived to be clogged toilet. Unfortunately my actions failed, and I soon realized that the issue was a bit more serious. Because of this seriousness, I promptly called the front desk to inform them, and was told they would be sending someone to my room. Within about 10 minutes a man showed up at the door. I asked him if he was going to be able to address the situation, to which he responded “I’m the bartender”. Being rather perplexed why they sent the bartender, I replied “if you can’t fix the plumbing you should have at least brought me a drink”. After this odd exchange, he left the room with the promise of finding someone to address the issue. I then returned to another family member’s room, and after a brief discussion in regards to the issue, I made the mistake of attempting to clear the toilet with the plunger again. Sadly the toilet overflowed onto the floor. I contacted the front desk and someone arrived with towels and a sanitizing solution to clean it up. After the clean up, I informed the staff that we would be going to bed for the evening, and that any further steps to resolve the issue would need to take place in the morning. Upon waking on Saturday morning the issue appears to be resolved. Both the toilet and the sink were functioning as they should and I assumed the necessary repairs had been made sometime during the night. I should point out that I made this assumption because the staff never made an attempt to contact me. I know if the shoe had been on the other foot, I would have contacted my guests if I knew that no repairs were made, but yet I did not hear from them in regards to the issue. Any how my wife and I showered and left the room for the day. When we returned later that evening, my wife again uses the toilet and it will not flush. This time the blockage was so extreme that water backed up into the sink. Because of the hour of night, I told my wife that we would wait and deal with the issue in the morning. On Sunday morning I walked to the front desk to inform them that we were once again having issues. The young man working tells me that there is nothing he can do, and that I would have to wait and talk to the manager, Michelle and she would arrive at 10am. It would have been nice if he would have had the foresight to offer us the key to another room, cleaned or not, so that we could use the shower facilities and toilet, but unfortunately for us he was not that bright. Fortunately, my aunt and uncle across the hall from us allowed us to use their shower, so that we could get our day started. When I returned to the front desk to check out, I was greeted by another man who inquired how my day was going. I explained the situation to him in front of the original young man that I had spoken to an hour earlier. I told him that I would be back at 10 am to speak with Michelle the manager. He proceeds to inform me that he was the manager on duty, and that he was unaware of the situation prior to our conversation. He was very apologetic and told me that he was going to contact me in regards to a refund. I explained to him that my frustration was not a result of the plumbing issue; rather it was his staff’s inability to properly address the problem promptly, and properly communicate it to him that upset me. Needless to say two days have now passed and I have not heard from anyone from Woodland Pines regarding my issue. My advice is to find a different place to stay when visiting Oscoda. I am originally from Oscoda, and my parents still reside in the area. The only reason my wife and I stay at a motel when we come to town, and not at my parent’s house, is to alleviate some of the pressure on them. Mom and Dad if you are reading this I hate to tell you, but you better plan on a couple more at your house, because we certainly aren’t staying with the inept folks at Woodland Pines!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rldjr
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I want to say Thank You for the awesome stay at your resort! I have not one bad thing to say about the room we stayed in or cleanliness of our room! The staff was very helpful and very professional! If you needed something they sure went out of their way to help! The pool area was kept up, the water was actually heated (due to the fact the water at the lake was freezing cold!). The hot tub was out of order but the swimming pool was fine! The queen double bedroom was very spacious not once did I feel like I had no room to move! The TV was a lil small but showed a very good picture! I requested a refrigerator and microwave for my room and it was in the room when I got there (not afterwards)! The beds are firm but sleep comfortably, I requested extra pillows and they politely found me 2 extras! The bed was very clean and the room smelled like fresh cut fruit! (The last time I stayed, my room and hallway was over whelmed by the smell of chlorine/bleach BUT NOT THIS TIME)! I would highly recommend staying here if just for a day or two! They have a full service dinning room that is open to the public and the guest for your dinner! Unfortunately, I didn't get to eat there but they do bring in business so the food must be really good! They have a fire pit in the opened back court yard and a volleyball net if you can gather up enough people to play. The only real complaint I had was the AC unit! It automatically kicks on if it gets above 72•F! Needless to say it was ok, had very nice breeze blowing from outside and u also had an option to turn on outside air! Again, thanks for making our stay very pleasant!

1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 2 August 2013

By far this was a very very nice place to stay!!!!! All the staff was very pleasant and helpful and great info for doing a little fishing around the area. The food was out of this world and the bar was relaxing. The rooms were very clean and slept great. Now I don't know what these other people are talking about and I travel a lot so I think I may know a little bit about places to stay but I would stay here anytime. Thanks for the great stay!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There all great!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business