“Good Mexican in small town”
Review of Casa Real

Casa Real
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Otsego
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stopped at this restaurant when passing through town. It was happy hour so we had drinks a domestic beer for $1.99 and a 12 oz Margarita for 3.99. I don't drink a lot of Margaritas but this one was very good. We enjoyed the complimentary chips and house salsa. The salsa was thick with fresh cilantro. I ordered the Pollo Tapitio which was strips of chicken breast with shrimp served with mexican rice, refried beans, lettuce, guacamole, pico and sour cream. The chicken and shrimp had tasty but salty seasonings on them. They were served on a plate of rice that was enough for 3 people. A second plate contained the beans, lettuce and quac. A wedge of lime would have been a nice addition. My husband ordered the Burrito Grande with beef which was a wet burrito with mostly cheese sauce. The burrito was large and good and he ate the WHOLE thing. They have an extensive menu and I would return to try some of their combination plates as it was difficult deciding what to choose today. I would recommend this restaurant and will return. I do hope if it is warmer that their air conditioning will be working as the dining room was slightly warm

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Food was good! Service was good, not great. Place I thought was dirty kinda run down. Seats ripped and rest room was dirty. Will go back when in the mood.

1  Thank mo4049
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Casa Real is your typical Mexican restaurant. The tacos were good, the tamale was fine and the salsa was OK but nothing stood out as above average. The seats in the booth were ripped and overall the restaurant needs some TLC. It could have been cleaner too. Once again, not terrible just your average Mexican joint. Give it a try for yourself.

1  Thank svanwass
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We like to eat here approximately once a month. The Mexican decor is coming along nicely for this fresh restaurant. Newly added patio seating will be nice when Summer returns.
My wife usually orders the chimichanga which never disappoints.
The Pollo Tapatio is pricier but worth it. The shrimp is perfect.
Our children love the chicken nuggets here. You know what? So Do I! Best chicken nuggets in town.
We never have to wait and servers are excellent. A great place to go with your children because the wait for you food is not long and there's always chips on the table.
One last tip, splurge for the Fried Ice Cream to share... if you're not too full.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Casa Real is a great place to go for mexican food. They staff is great as well! I am so glad that they are close to where I live, we needed a "good" mexican food restaurant! Love their cheese sauce and the prices are reasonable!