“very good”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Michigan
“very good”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have gone here maybe 30 times since it has been open and have had excellent to good food everytime there . they have some of the best sandwiches in the area. Their salmond is excellent . The service is always top notch. would recommend .

• Visited January 2014

Michigan
“Steadily downhill”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

When this place first opened, the food, atmosphere, beer and service were wonderful. It has steadily declined at each visit. The beer choices, bar and lobster bisque are still great and that's about it. Very few salad choices, the seafood has never been good - scallops overdone in a horrible mushroom powder, very dry, overdone whitefish that was supposed to be stuffed but instead had the crab just sitting on top without any kind of sauce, and pizza is less than average. My husband and friends have had good steaks and we had a good coconut shrimp appetizer and cheese plate at a work party. The carrot cake was also superb. The wait staff is average at best. So now I prefer to just go for drinks before or after dinner and eat somewhere else for better food at far more reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I love this restaurant and have always had a great experience. Our servers have always been professional and attentive. I am sorry to hear others didn't have the best experiences. The food, though pricey for some of the items, has always been delicious. They make the best salads in the area. I take all my out-of-town guests here and have never regretted it.

• Visited December 2013
edgewater99
“Lousy service, overpriced food”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The consistent theme to the poor reviews is bad service. It is true. Management needs to start paying more or train these people better. The service was flat out lousy and the place wasn't even busy. The poor service ran all the way from the bar tender to server to bus boy. The building is awesome and that is the only reason for my two stars. The food was average but overpriced. The chain restaurants offer a better value. There are better places in town....

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank edgewater99
Okemos
“Tries to be special - Needs work”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I think they had very high hopes for this place. If all fails, the bar certainly is packed. We did have to wait on a Friday evening. During the meal, fortunately before ours was brought, one wine glass was shattered throughout our dining room about three tables away. We still had glass under our table. It must have been butterfingers night, as we heard two add'l crashes in other areas during our meal. Everything was 'just okay'. I agree with another reviewer that it's 'hit of miss'. They really need to work on their consistency. Fries our son received were very good. Hubby's lamb was tough. Asparagus was overcooked. Desert was good. I say it's a poor value not due to cost, but due to cost in relationship to food quality.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SomethingCleverHere

Been to Wrought Iron Grill? Share your experiences!