“Amazing place”

Lula's Louisiana Cookhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lula's Louisiana Cookhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Owosso
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Creole, Southern, and Cajun with a mix of ethnic and regional daily specials! Sunday jazz brunch every Sunday. Full cocktail bar, extensive wine list, 50 Michigan Craft beer. Live music Thursday through Sunday!
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We went based on a recommendation. We are so glad we tried it. The food was outstanding. The fried food is cooked with peanut oil. My youngest son has a peanut allergy. The server noted the allergy and they cooked his burger separately so there wasn't any cross contamination.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I tried Lula's on a recommendation of a friend. We were hoping the food would be authentic and we weren't disappointed. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was very pleasant, relatively quiet for how busy they were and the service was excellent. The waitstaff was very knowledgeable about the menu and Gabe, the Manager was one of the most inviting people we've met in a restaurant. As we engaged him in conversation, he shared some family history as well as a short story about the paintings and interior of the restaurant. Although, Lula's is about a 45 minute drive for us we are headed back today to enjoy another amazing meal at one of our favorite new restautants. I've told all my family and friends about Lula's and I'm confident when you try it you will do the same.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have been to Lula's twice now. The most recent was this morning for their Easter brunch. I had the French toast and it was wonderful. When we went last week, I ordered the chicken fried ribeye Steak and it was tasty but I would have preferred less batter on it The bacon cream gravy was excellent. Also the Pommes fries were a bit overdone and hard. My husband ordered the fried chicken and said that he loved it. They served 1/2 of a chicken along with two sides. I do want to go back and try some of the actual Cajun entries. Service was excellent and everyone was extremely friendly. Portions were very generous and prices reasonable.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

100% Great Experience! Fantastic Food, Attentive Staff, Great Portions. Will be back soon! Suggest to Friends & Family, they won't be disappointed...

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We love the food, the atmosphere and the people. John has done a great job with the menu. The unique differences set this restaurant apart from the everyday. Had family here from New York, Oregon and Dubai. They all wanted to go back.