“First Impressions...”

Golden Dragon
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 June 2014

You know how they say first impressions are lasting impression? That certainly is true & the impression Golden Dragon made when we visited has stuck with us...and we won't be back.
The food was mediocre, at best. The water had a strong "city water" taste to it. The restaurant hasn't ever been updated(I'm not sure it was up to date even when it was new). It was small, crowded w/ tables & chairs(but not patrons. There were only 3 occupied tables in the whole place.) and was very uncomfortable for our family. The food took a long time(despite them not being busy at dinner time on a Saturday night) and wasn't particularly good.

There are newer reviews for Golden Dragon

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have been going to this restaurant since they opened. I can't find another Chinese restaurant that matches the taste of their food. The owner and server are always nice and they appreciate my business. I always recommend this restaurant to my friends.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Had a good time. Good food and good prices. Service was fast and friendly. A nice place when your craving chinese.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

The food has become so American it is worthless. You can't get any spicy food and when you try to a small bowl of chilli sauce is placed table side. The inside is very old (1970's?) and the lighting is poor.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Food wasn't edible, place was dirty, owner was rude. I'm not sure how they stay in business. I ordered cashew chicken and I swear there were only 5 cashews. The food was bland and no amount of red pepper flakes or soy sauce could save it. I will never go here again.

Been to Golden Dragon? Share your experiences!