“Just ate there today for the first time. Decent food but....”

Brown Fisheries Fish House
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Paradise
Cuisines: American
Description: Check out urbanspoon.com. Brown Fisheries Fish House (906) 492-3901 32638 W M28 Paradise, MI 49768
Reviewed 25 July 2014

WAY OVERPRICED. Not the best whitefish I've had, but definitely the most expensive. My whitefish was fresh, but tastes like they fried it in week old oil. Service isn't very attentive and rather rude. After spending $55 on food there, my waitress charges me an additional .25 cents for a to go cup of ice water (seriously?). Never going back to brown. Person I went with, who hadn't been there in ten years, said it used to be reasonably priced and much better tasting. Don't waste your time or money with this brown fish house.

Scalawag's in Mackinaw city has much better fried whitefish, better service, and is much cheaper.

3  Thank Paulie420

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm not nuts about whitefish, but this was good deep fried fish. The smoked whitefish chowder was excellent. I thought the fries were average, but the coleslaw was great. Considering that the service items are all disposable and the atmosphere low budget, I thought the prices were high. Service was great. Good UP lunch stop, but at dinner prices. Cash only. Just OK, I think.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We went for the fresh fish and fell in love with the appetizers! The wait staff are so friendly. The fish is caught fresh daily and they are only open until they run out. Had the fried white fish. It was great. Also ordered the fried clam strips and fried mushrooms. The clan strips were really good but the fried mushrooms were show stoppers. They were hand sliced portabella mushrooms!!! So delicious! The locals love this place and I understand why. Nothing fancy but great food.

1  Thank Heather M
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Super food. Super service. Went twice in four days. Wish I could take some home. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Packed for lunch, we weren't greeted with the greatest friendliness but that was soon made up for by some of the best chowder (smoked white fish), smoked white fish platter, and truly some of the best fish and chips ever (again Lake Superior white fish with malt vinegar. We even bought some of their home smoked white fish for the road. Even our waitress was super friendly.

1  Thank Cary B