“Nice place for Breakfast”

Berry Patch Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Paradise
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: See Paradise Michigan Chamber of Commerce website. Berry Patch Gifts & Bakery 8234 Michigan 123 Paradise, MI 49768-9801 (906) 492-3330
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Magnuson and it was a close place for breakfast. They have all the usual things for breakfast and really good pie... We had to buy a piece to go! There is also a cute gift shop attached so you could shop once you were done eating.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Owner is a nice old lady who's stature doesn't compare to her sweetness. My daughter and I order the LumberJill meal which came with 1 egg, 1 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 pancake, and hashbrowns. The hashbrowns were SOO good fried with onions! YUMMY! The pancakes tasted like frozen ones you buy at the store tho. I didnt like that when you order a 1.75 pop you get a can with no refills, So i ordered choc. milk which comes in those little jugs you can buy at the grocery store. The waitresses were all cute in the little chef/strawberry shortcake hats. :)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were camping during the Fourth of July and after watching the local parade, we got a little something to eat at the Berry Patch. A cute little place, not much room but it was fine for what we needed. We were greeted by a very nice lady, Barb who was also our server. We got there at a good time as it filled up quickly after the parade. We ordered a BLT on wheat bread (I believe the bread was in house made) and it was good. Crisp bacon and just the right amount of mayonnaise. Came with a pickle spear and a bag of chips that were quite good. My husband got a burger and it was okay. It came with a bag of chips and pickle too. The over all experience was good. The waitress was pleasant and the place was very clean. I don't see how other reviews could have given this place bad ranking. Perhaps attitude from the customers was the problem and not the staff?

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Both times we've gone to Whitefish Point we had lunch here. When we went the second time we couldn't remember what it was called but said we had to eat there again. It's a cosy, comfortable place and the food was good.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I visited the Whitefish Point museum complex on our way from Sault Ste. Marie to Marquette and finished about 1. We were hungry and the Berry Patch looked inviting from the outside. It is also very bright and cheerful on the inside. As you enter there are four tables for 4 in a small room in front of a bakery counter all of which were full. Judging from the conversations I overheard this is indeed a place where the local philosophers hang out. The woman at the bakery counter directed us to a room to the left where there are more tables. She is probably the person referred to in some of the pejorative comments in other reviews. She was not rude by any means but did seem a tad brusque. We sat ourselves and our server came over immediately. She was very upbeat and pleasant and her service was very good throughout the meal. I ordered split pea and ham soup which was one of the two soups-of-the-day. It was excellent. I feel like I take a chance with split pea and ham soup in restaurants because It is often too salty for my taste. The was not and the flavor was delightful. My wife had a pasty and It was large enough that I had a sample. It was also very good. It came with apple sauce. There are a number of other lunch choices and the burgers and sandwiches I saw around us looked very nice. I can't speak to the breakfast, but our experience indicates a very different restaurant from some of the negative reviews.