“Best hotel in the area”

Magnuson Grand Hotel Lakefront Paradise
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Paradise
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I don't think you will get anything better than this in Paradise. We stayed on the first floor that has a door opening to the outside and walk out to the beach.
This hotel is very much like a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very friendly too which made the stay so much more comfortable.
Pool was colder than expected, but nothing the kids couldn't get used to.
Shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are organic if it matters to you.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Joanne L
Laura W, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Lakefront Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review and share it here on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide everyone with a great experience here at the Magnuson Grand Hotel Lakefront Paradise no matter what your interests are. But first and foremost, we guarantee all of our guests a clean, comfortable, relaxing, quiet place to stay while visiting the Paradise area. After a long day out visiting our beautiful attraction s, it is nice to be able to come back to the hotel and rest and relax for the next day’s events. That is most important to us here!

Again, on behalf of myself and my staff, I want to thank you again for all the nice things you have said about us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel has a spectacular location right on Whitefish Bay! We had two suites on the third floor. While the decor is a bit dated - it is extremely clean and very comfortable! My husband and I remarked that we have never stayed in such an immaculate property - and we have stayed in many hotels. The beds were comfy, the bathroom had a nice long sink area, there was plenty of storage, and a great deck where we could sit and enjoy the fabulous view. Every person we encountered who worked there was friendly, helpful, and personable. We had breakfast in the morning - which was fine - not gourmet dining - but satisfying and tasty. We live in Los Angeles, and were traveling with my elderly parents - so excitement wasn't what we were looking for. We wanted beauty, serenity, peace, and quiet. We ate at Brownies - a kick of a fish place - fabulous whitefish, went to Whitefish point, and visited the Tahquamenon falls - which were wonderful! We would definitely stay here again and recommend the Magnuson to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank carrie H

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This gem of a hotel sits right on Whitefish Bay. If you get a room facing the bay you are in for an amazing view! I recommend a bay view room on the second floor. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We were treated to a wonderful moon rise over the bay as we sat on our deck listening to the waves hit the shore. Serenity!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn A

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We really liked this hotel. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They helped us with directions and information on where to go in the area. Our kids loved the pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Beckyandfamily

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

If you love seeing what the UP has to offer this is a great hotel. It is very clean and the staff is just fantastic. Everyone is looking to make your stay pleasant. We even met one of the desk clerks husband out in front of the building and he was incredibly freindly. There is a great outdoor area outback overlooking Lake Superior that is good to sit back and relax to enjoy the view. Fantastic hotel I would definitely recommend it! Thanks for helping make a memorable family vacation even more so:)

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 9 August 2014

When we drove into "Paradise" my heart sank. This is a nearly-desserted little town. When we finally found our hotel I was somewhat relieved as it looked to be the nicest building in town. The rooms were clean but not very spacious. I had reserved a suite because we had 3 adults in our group, but the "suite" is really a queen bed and a pull-out couch - with no separation at all. When I went to the desk to discuss the situation I was told "sorry" but there was nothing they could do. We were on the second floor and the room above us was very noisy (if you stay here, request a room on the 3rd/top floor). Our room was on the lake side and the morning sunrise view was beautiful - almost enough to make me forget that I was disappointed with the room. Breakfast was so-so, nothing special. This is not an inexpensive hotel, so I did expect much better accommodations. Although the thought of staying in Paradise was wonderful, the reality is that we are probably not going back.

Room Tip: If you stay here, request a lake view room on the top floor (least noise).
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mmpul
Magnusongrandgm, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Lakefront Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I am so sorry that we were not what you had expected. We strive to make this an enjoyable stay for all of our guests and I feel bad that you were not happy with your visit here.

Please know that we take all of our guests comments serious and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went.

Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations and I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again.

Kind Regards,
Laurie

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. It was nice to not hear other people in the rooms around us even though the hotel was booked. The breakfast is like a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was friendly and the view from the lobby was great. We were able to see freighters from the back of the hotel. The only complaint is the beds could be a little more comfortable. We had two queens so maybe the King would have been more comfy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 243DLP
Laura W, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Lakefront Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a wonderful review on our hotel. We are very happy that your experience with us was a positive one and I hope you will be able to return another day.

Thank you again, and I will make sure I share this with all the staff here at the Magnuson Grand Hotel Lakefront Paradie.

Laurie

Been to Magnuson Grand Hotel Lakefront Paradise? Share your experiences!