“Horrible wine tasting. .”

Warner Vineyards Winery
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Paw Paw
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Horrible wine tasting. .”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this winery because it was behind St Julians winery (no comparison).
The saving grace was the exterior. .. there is a quaint area out front with an old train car and waterway running through. We could have just stayed outside.
The wine we were given for the tasting ($5 for 6 samples) tasted horrible. You could tell the bottles had been opened awhile and started to turn "vinegary". They didn't rinse our glass between different samples, which is unheard of in wine sampling.
We disliked the tasting so much that we didn't even finish a single one of our samples.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank sfltraveler

Minooka, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had higher expectations of Warner based on the trip advisor reviews. I tried only the drier wines and must say they did not appeal to me at all. The tasting room is also kind of messy and disorganized and the servers were not very friendly or knowledgeable with the wines. This is one place I would pass on next visit.

Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is my second trip to the Warner Winery in Paw Paw. Located directly off of M-40 southbound, the sales area and tasting rooms are in an historic brick building that used to be the electrical generating plant for Paw Paw.

I opted not to do any tasting, but I specifically came to buy their sparkling red grape juice. This effervescent delight is made from red wine grapes and has no sugar added. It is incredibly refreshing on a hot day and offers all of the antioxidant properties of red grapes that make red wine such a health boon.

There is a restaurant on site as well that features locally produced fare and of course, has wine on the menu. I did not eat there, but the menu looks interesting enough to make a return visit at another time.

Warner's is worth a visit. The facility doesn't take much time to tour, there is a wide range of wine available, including some unusual fruit wines, for tasting and the prices are quite reasonable.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jean F
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Service!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I visited the Warner Tasting Room in New Buffalo and was very impressed. The building and interior are plain and could benefit from improvements in decoration, but the service and wine were great. Warner offers a wine tasting for $5. Ice wine tasting is an extra $5. The regular tasting includes six tastes from a diverse wine menu. I was a huge fan of their dry whites and semi dry reds. The Chardonnay Reserve and Veritas (Semi-dry red) were my favorite. They also have some nice fruit wines. The Peach and Honey was very unique. My server, Stephanie, recommended serving it with sparkling wine. A great idea!! She was very helpful and kind. She even rustled up a chilled bottle of Chardonnay for me to go. This is a great place to taste if you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere and helpful service. I would definitely return. It's a wonderful place to stock up on wine for the weekend.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank klynch1847
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Wine Heaven!!! Variety, variety, and variety!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Warner Winery was great!! Eight tastes for $5.00, very generous pours!! The 2 Cabs, Peach and Honey, Very, Very Cherry, and Grapes of Love were the best!!! Yes, I loved them!! Recipe shares were given which I can't wait to try!! The New Buffalo location is downtown and no frills; we're there for the wine, right?

Visited June 2013