“Heavenly Salad”

Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Paw Paw
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My cousins live in the area and said I had to try The Bistro for lunch. Ordered a Chicken Blueberry Banana Salad ... so tasty ... it also had strawberries, carrots and pineapple in it. (Menu says onions but I can't imagine adding onions to that salad so I recommend ordering without onions). All meals come with soup - the chilled blueberry soup is definitely the one to try. They also offer gluten free soups, which are very good too. My cousin had a club sandwich so large he could only eat one third and took the rest home. BBQ pulled pork is wonderful! Their homemade rolls with cucumber dill spread completes a fabulous meal. Definitely will get back there soon to try other yummy sounding items on their menu!

2  Thank ChiTown_Judy

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had read about and heard really good things about this restaurant so wanted to try it while vacationing in the area. My husband made a reservation via the website and he got two replies back, but when we arrived at the restaurant no one knew about the reservation, so we had to wait a bit to have a table cleared. Also, I must say the restaurant is confusing -- there is a small sign over the door saying Bistro 120, but the large windows facing the street reads "O'Farrell McGuire's Irish Pub." So not really sure what they want to be - an Irish pub or a Bistro. We wanted to sit in the Bistro section, but they insisted on seating us in the pub area -- not exactly the atmosphere we were looking for. Also, there was one server for the entire pub area so the service was very slow and a little unprofessional. Now to the food -- there were four of us -- three ordered white fish and one ordered the Sticker in the Tongue. We were later told there were only two orders of white fish left, so I chose perch as my second choice. The servings were large and the fish was delicious as were the mashed potatoes and fresh local green beans. As for the "Sticker in the Tongue" which the fourth person in our party ordered -- it was hot and spicy to the point of ridiculous. I noticed on the on-line menu this dish is labelled as SPICY, but this was omitted from the menu we received. My friend could barely eat this dish and he is no stranger to spicy food. When we mentioned to the server that the menu should note just how spicy this dish is, or that servers should mention that the dish is very spicy when someone orders it, she was quite put off by our comments and said that we should have known the dish was spicy by the name. Well ... none of us had ever heard the term "Sticker in the Tongue," and we thought her indifference was quite rude, so we left the restaurant with a bad taste in our mouth -- especially our friend who ordered the "Sticker in Tongue." I would like to give this restaurant a higher rating, but the overall experience fell flat for us.

2  Thank Jennifer147
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The highlight for me is their wide selection of Soups. They usually have 7 or more soups and have a "sampler" as a menu option.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Friday night so we thought we'd have to wait, but it didn't take long to get a table. Food is excellent and menu has interesting choices.

1  Thank OD
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We have been patronizing this restaurant for years since it opened. The food is excellent and there are often unique entries on the menu, such as duck or fresh-caught fish. Lunches feature unique soups, salads and sandwiches. Portions are generous and staff are always attentive without being annoying. You walk right past their herb garden on the way in. The pub features a number of beers and spirits.

Wheelchair accessable with no difficulties.

Their hours are limited and reservations are strongly suggested as this is a very popular place. It's worth the trip from nearby cities.

2  Thank AedFinn