“Pleasantly surprised”

Pellston Lodge Magnuson Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pellston
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I saw some pretty mixed reviews, so I was pleasantly surprised to find the price right (on a holiday weekend, no less), good breakfast (just missed having fresh fruit), and a nice clean room with decent linens. Pool looked good too, but I forgot my swimsuit. Staff was pleasant and helpful - no complaints at all, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
PellstonLodgeGM, General Manager at Pellston Lodge Magnuson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad that you found us and will be glad to see you return!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I stay August 13-16, 2014. The front desk was very nice and professional. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable. The carpeting had stains and was in need of replacing. We mentioned this to the manager at the front desk, she said the carpeting has been ordered, and should be installed within the next month. The breakfast buffet was very good. We would definitely stay here again. We liked that it was not in a busy, touristy location. The location was quiet even though the airport is right across the street from Pellston Lodge.
Karen G.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review! You will be happy to know that the carpet is in. You are more than welcome to check out the picture on our Facebook page. It is a huge improvement!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 4-night stay at this hotel. We had the best time, largely due to the relaxation and comfort we experienced. Our daughter is staying at the nearby University of Michigan Biological Station for the summer. This was the perfect spot for us to stay while visiting her for a few days. I found it particularly impressive that the front desk and housekeeping staff were so friendly and eager to help us in any way possible. The bed was very comfy, and the shower was great! Wonderful lobby area with a nice breakfast every morning. Very clean throughout - easy-to-find location. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you! We look forward to seeing you next time your daughter is at camp.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The bed was comfortable,
The fan in the bathroom did not work, good water pressure in the shower.
The rear safety door did not lock on its own without assistance.
The fire door was missing between the lobby and the hallway between the rooms.
The pool circulating system was not operating. The water did look clean.
Carpeting in the Lobby was nice. The carpeting in the hall and the bedrooms was in poor and stained condition. The room we reserved was a non smoking room. The room had been smoked in and they were very nice about getting us another room. The carpeting in this room was also badly stained.
We did tell the management about our concerns.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am very sorry that you had mixed reviews about the Lodge. You will be happy to know that the hallway carpet has been replaced. The pool circulating pump does not aggressively move the water so, some people think its not working but it actually does a great job, as you noticed the water is always very clean. I do hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Northern Michigan.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It is a very clean facility. Stayed because it is just in front of the airport where I need to fly the next day. The hospitality of the staff is astounding. If only you have a restaurant it will be perfect. But thank you for everything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you! I agree with you completely, we have an astounding group of people that work here. It is always nice to know when someone else notices. I will be sure they all see this review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and clean facility. The room was pretty basic but overall good experience and quiet location. Pool room had adult swim hours from 10:00 pm to midnight which was considerate. Convenient location from Petoskey to Macinac

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you. Our location is one of the many things going for us. We are in the middle of all the Northern Michigan attractions but, as you pointed out, it's quiet here. A big plus for vacationers looking for peace.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here one night because the weather made me land at Pellston airport. This is the only hotel in the vicinity with a price that is in my view twice as high as it should be, given its poor quality. On the airport I was told it was a former Holiday Inn, so I expected a certain standard of quality. I was thoroughly disappointed. The sheets and pillow cases were old, ridiculously thin and even showed holes. The mattress protector was a thin layer of hard material, and certainly the cheapest I have ever seen. Various stains on the carpet and on the furniture. In the hallway there are holes in the carpet. There was a flat screen, but no way it could be set to show a full picture. Cable tv was of poor quality. Breakfast was average. Upon leaving my complaints were rewarded with a measly $10 dollar discount on a total price of almost $ 180. I was told that I should have complained the night before upon which I pointed out that for this price a room should be checked beforehand and not give cause to any complaints. Besides that there was only a receptionist when I came in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pellston
Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey
#3 of 15 in Petoskey
@ Michigan Inn & Lodge
@ Michigan Inn & Lodge
#6 of 15 in Petoskey

Been to Pellston Lodge Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!