“Best Restaurant”

Stafford's Bay View Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Petoskey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We dined at the Bay View Inn with family and friends in August and then again in October. Everyone was very pleased with their dinners. On all accounts I give the experience my highest recommendation. Presentation of the food, taste and service. The chef in this restaurant knows exactly what he or she is doing and just the presentation of the dinners notifies the diner that food in this place is highly respected. I would travel back up from Mansfield Ohio just for the vegetables served with the Pork Shank I had in October! Go there.
Gary

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erik014
There are newer reviews for Stafford's Bay View Inn

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I stayed there one night after our trip to Mackinac Island. Now we wished we would have stayed longer. This is a beautiful old house right off Little Traverse Bay. We had a suite on the road side. There was some traffic noise, but it didn't bother us at all. But a consideration if one is sensitive to noise. There is a big porch one can sit on to relax along with some other rooms on the main floor. The second floor houses a library with a televison and a computer to use. There are grounds to the left where one can sit on a swing and look out onto the water.

The inn is about 2 miles from the downtown area of Petoskey. There is a bike path that will take you there if you brought bikes. My husband and I took our bikes there, which was quite a nice ride. The only thing is we had to go back the next day with a car for all the great shopping. One of my favorite places was Fustini's where you could sample and buy a variety of infused olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Spent a lot of money there, and they will wrap your bottles for free.

The food was really good and wait staff exceptional. Breakfast was a delight, and you can order it up to 2 pm.

Go stay there and spend a day shopping in town. Great girls's weekend also.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the road side, which some people might find noisy. We did not have a problem with...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DawnE
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This quaint, historic hotel has one of the best views in Petoskey.

If you're looking for a place to have a cocktail and enjoy the view, this is a great option. The big wooden porch filled with wicker rockers is perfect for a lazy afternoon drinkie.

This is a popular destination for weddings and other significant events.

Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank S4Snowflake
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This place has caught our eye for many years and decided to stop this time and see for ourselves what is was like. We were not disappointed! We had a beautifully decorated, quaint room with a view of Lake Michigan. The journals of past travelers were enjoyable to read. The staff was informative and friendly. We took a tour of Petoskey in the morning that was free of charge and provided by the Inn. The breakfast (included) in the bright dining area overlooking the gardens and Lake Michigan was delicious. My husband even survived an evening with no television in the room! We definitely will return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie B
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights for our 25th wedding anniversary and could t have been more pleased! We have done a lot of traveling and due to a job change had limited time, so had to go someplace within driving distance; upon arrival we were greeted with such a friendly staff, our room was SPOTLESS. TheH breakfast voucher of $25 more than covered an absolutely delicious meal. The inn itself is on a beautiful
location an the front porch boasts incredible views of Lake Michigan. We sat outside every night with wine while enjoying the scenery. Really enjoyed no tv in our room but we did use our laptop. Comfy bed, jus a great place for a romantic getaway-oh, free bike rental and there is a gorgeous bike path which goes for miles!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Tomshotwife
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband and I travel a fair amount and especially enjoy Bed & Breakfasts. We have found some gems! Stafford's Bay View Inn tops my list of favorites. This inn has become my go to place when I need a breather from the daily routines. The staff is friendly and efficient, there when you need them but not hovering. The inn has a beautiful restuarant on the first floor that offers a varied breakfast menu, full hot breakfast, like you would get up and go out for on a Saturday morning! They serve dinner seasonally too. We have been visiting the inn for almost 10 years and have only well prepared, great tasting food...yes, every meal. My husband is a chef so it takes some doing to impress him. We love the swings down by the water too!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelingrandma54
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband's company brought us to the Bay View Inn. This was our first visit to Petoskey and Harbor Springs, MI. Now I know why so many people from the Chicago area have homes up North or just vacation in this area. If you are looking for a peaceful get-away, great shopping/dining, and plenty of outdoor recreation choices, this Inn could be for you. We stayed on the 2nd floor very near the coffee area which was very handy. Homemade cookies are left in your room daily - very nice touch. Seemed like it would be weird with no t.v. in the room, but actually kind of a relief when getting back to our room in the evening after a day of biking, boat rides, golf, shopping, meetings for my husband in the mornings, etc. The Bay View Inn's restaurant has delicious and fresh food. Stafford's Bay View Inn allows you to feel like you are stepping back to the days that weren't so hectic, before we got overloaded with technology and schedules with no time to relax. We are looking forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: I think we stayed in room #19 which was super comfortable and decorated in colors that appeal to bot...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Barbiu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petoskey
Stafford's Perry Hotel
#3 of 3 in Harbor Springs
AmericInn Petoskey
AmericInn Petoskey
#3 of 15 in Petoskey

Been to Stafford's Bay View Inn? Share your experiences!