Stafford's Bay View Inn
Coach House Inn(Petoskey)
Comfort Inn(Petoskey)
Odawa Hotel(Petoskey)
View Hotel
All reviewsbay viewsunday brunch issun roompier restaurantsticky bunscookiesfront porchcreaky floorseggs benedictlovely porchbygone eracommon areasadirondack chairsstep back in timeguest roomslake michiganbreakfast was included
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Being a retired 21+ years innkeeper and having stayed at over 100 B&Bs, I found this Bay View Inn to be at the top of my list in what I consider to be of most importance in a lodging - cleanliness, outstanding hospitality, friendliness of staff, service, location, and decor. There are no TVs in the rooms, so I had time to read the comments of other guests in the in-room guest book the night we arrived. The comments were so favorably descriptive, I could hardly believe them. However, they were so true I realized during our stay. The entire place is spotless. Our room was actually a suite with two comfortable upholstered chairs for reading or computer work (they have wifi), a tub/shower separate from the sink so two people can use bathroom at same time, a gorgeous view from our window of the bay of Lake Michigan, and total quiet except for the occasional loving squeaks of the floor when we walked (it is a historic building wonderfully restored and maintained). The breakfast room for our delicious breakfast was a totally windowed enclosed porch and we were able to watch the swans on the lake and view the gardens as we ate. I can't say enough about this place. We definitely will be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Stafford's for two nights. If you like going back in time with no television in the room and no phone, this is the place for you. The room was comfortable and brightly deorated. The colors were peaceful and clean looking. The bed was comfortable. The room was a bit cramped so I wouldn't want more than two people in it. The bathroom is small. Since my husband and I are techies, it was slightly different for us. Luckily the hotel does have wireless so we were able to get on the internet and watch the Democratic Convention Online. The hotel itself is quiet and peaceful sitting right on the bay. There are adirondack chairs outxide to sit on where you can look at the water. There is a large porch where you can sit at a table or rock in a chair. I could go there alone for peace and quiet, with a good book and just enjoy the peace.

The hotel staff is helpful and friendly. The wait staff was fun. We had a package deal so many meals were included. We ate one dinner and two breakfasts at Staffords. All the meals were good. We had a lunch at Stafford's Weathervane in Charlevoix where we enjoyed a water view and good food.

A nice peaceful getaway away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Everthing was wonderful and expected in a bed and breakfast and a building of it's age. They kept some of the ambiance of the past with modern updates. It was very clean and the breakfast was great. The view of the lake is beautiful with a walking trail nearby. Don't expect a TV in your room, but there is one in the lobby.
The staff were very helpful and took time to talk to you as needed.

Room Tip: There is a small elevator for the top foors. The street noise did not bother me and there was an A/c unit in the bedroom. The porch is fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I recently spent one night here and had a nice stay. The setting is pretty with lots of beautiful flower beds and places to sit in adirondack chairs facing the lake. The evening sunsets over the lake are AMAZING and so are the homemade cookies that you will find on a plate in your room should you decide to stay here. I had their less expensive room type so I was on the road side of the Inn rather than the water side but it was ok. The room was tastefully decorated and clean. I like the windows open rather than A/C but due to the road noise that was not possible for sleeping. The breakfast which is included in the room rate is a really nice way to start the day. Another plus was the complementary coffee, tea, and sodas that are available all day. The public areas of the Inn are quaint and relaxing and I especially love the wrap around porch. Cory, one of the managers at the Inn was very helpful to me prior to my arrival. I highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: Stay on the bay side of the Inn. The rooms are quieter and have a nicer view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Our stay at Stafford's Bay View Inn was wonderful!! The rooms were very nice. We especially liked the fireplace in our room. We also enjoyed sitting on their wrap around porch. If your up for a nice walk the town of Bay View is a step back in time.

• Stayed: August 2012