“Nice place to eat”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is a great place to stop and have a sandwich and coffee. Always has a variety of food and hot soup. Atmosphere is nice.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were in on a weekday afternoon at the height of lunch hour. Their was a small handful of customers waiting for their orders. The ordering process is very confusing and the girls behind the counter were not helpful. You write your order down on a piece of paper and hand it off to one of the kids behind the counter. Their is no signange telling you to do that, so we wasted 5 minutes standing their until another customer told us how to order. All the staff looked confused, inexperienced, and bewildered and moved very very slow. No one looked in charge. We waited 20 minutes for 2 sandwiches and their was only a couple people in front of us waiting.
The sandwich was decent, but wasn't great and the bread they use is too thick, so when you take a bite you get all dry bread and less of the good stuff. I wont go back, I prefer Julienne Tomato or the General Store for a quick great lunch.

Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I hate to see any local business close, and I'm sad to see Flat Iron close. Mona (the owner) is a hard core scrappy New Yorker. If you think she's rude, you just don't know New York. Yes, she can be abrupt...call it rude, but she has been through a lot in the past couple of years, not that this excuses rude. In her defense, she always had a cookie gratis for my daughter, and she loved loved dogs and always had turkey for my dogs. I wish her well. PS her Monday special "Chicken and Noodles" was to die for...

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We went by today for lunch and the Flat Iron has closed. Too bad as it was the best place for sandwiches ever and we like the owner very much. She had opened a second shop during the recession and it ended up being bad timing.

1  Thank MCJaram
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I love Flat Iron Deli sandwiches...there's no two ways about it, their deli reuben could be the best sandwich in Petoskey. Unfortunately, I think today's lunch was probably my last at Flat Iron. I've been eating Flat Iron sandwiches for the better part of 20 years and my only complaint has always been the negative attitude of the owner, Mona. I try to be friendly and cheerful, but without exception, am always met with a frown and negativity. Other posters have hit the nail right on the head, saying that she acts like selling you a sandwich is doing you a favor. With so many other wonderful food options in Petoskey, I've decided I'm going to give my money to small business owners who appreciate my business.

1  Thank deadheadcouple