“did not like it”
Review of Odawa Casino

Odawa Casino
Ranked #5 of 35 things to do in Petoskey
More attraction details
Owner description: Odawa Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians, opened in June 2007. The 140 million dollar facility encompasses just under three hundred thousand square feet, which includes approximately fifty thousand square feet of gaming space.
hudsonville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“did not like it”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We stayed a Fri night while visiting upper Michigan to gamble. I went to the casino and was disappointed when they told me the hotel was up the road. Then I saw it was the old Holiday Inn (remodeled). This building dates me and I'm 48. Anyway- it was decent, but noisy. 8:30 am I could hear noise in the hall (cleaning people) and everyone in the room next to me and above me. Bring ear plugs if you stay. No restaurant in the hotel- you need to drive to the casino. The hotel gave me coupons for food discounts, so I go to the casino, stand in line at the restaurant only to be told I couldn't use them. I had to trade them for vouchers at the players club. This is a big casino and 3 people worked the players club. It took 20 minutes to get through the line. I had to do it more than once- actually three times (one when I got there, one to get a voucher for the buffet and one because my players card didn't work). What a waste of time. So, I stand in a long line at the players club only to be told I didn't need to exchange the food discount slip for a voucher. That shows how disorganized the casino was. It was that way with everyone. No one cared, they just wanted our money- which they took. The chef's at the buffet were rude and jsut didn't seem "experienced". Waitresses in the restaurant- never refilled drinks. Everyone, everywhere was rude. Plus, These are the tighest slots in the north. Needless to say, my wife and I went to turtle Creek for Sat night. The hotel was great- we even won a few times. Completely different. Yes it was crowded at TC, but for a reason.

3 Thank hville_willy