“Great views nice dinner”
Review of Palette Bistro

Palette Bistro
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Petoskey
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Birmingham, Michigan
“Great views nice dinner”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped in with our two young daughters on a Saturday night. We got outdoor seating on the patio. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We had excellent salads and our small plates were delicious. An amazing chocolate desert that was like a molten lava cake. This place is well worth a visit.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Chays77

“Very Fine Evening”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is my third time at this Bistro. Our first visit was excellent on every level. Second visit was marred by a truly bad paella. This time--the first with our adult kids being with us--things were all on track. We had a nice table with a bay view on a pretty Saturday evening. Appetizers of polenta with sausage and toast points with tomato jam were good. My wife and son got the tenderloin and were treated to a generous cut of meltingly tender beef served with a rich and deep Demi-glacé sauce. My daughter had the coconut shrimp pasta but found it a bit too sweet even as the shrimp in question were the tiny rock shrimp that were not very numerous. I tried the paella again and this time it was spot on. Palette definitely knows how to cook even though reviews here on Trip Advisor and my own experience tells me that consistency on the cooking line is where perhaps a bit of work is needed. But I would give this place a try anytime I could!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Scott H
Evanston, Illinois
“Customer Service SUPREME,”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

While visiting the Harbor Springs, MI area during last week of July-2014, Stopped in the Palette Bistro in Petoskey, MI without reservations for early dinner and were greeted and seated with the most gracious attention. After being seated we spotted a table with a better view of the bay (Little Traverse Bay) and requested it. Although the table we requested had been reserved for another party that was due to arrive in 90 minutes we were cheerfully seated without delay.
We ordered some beers from the various local microbreweries on the menu with knowledgeable and patient assistance from our server/waiter.
I ordered the Paella and found it to be slightly undercooked. I was told it was not under cooked a matter of taste or preference. I "went along" with the explanation and it was promptly taken back to be cooked some more. The recipe was a little short on saffron and the mussels under cooked. It was "ok".
IN GENERAL- My companions were very satisfied as we dined and drank with a great view of the bay.
I recommend that anyone visiting for dinner request a reservation at the table with the best view of the bay that would add an additional treat to a very nice dining experience.
Enjoy - Buen Provecho.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Dan D
Troy
“Bad service.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We got here Monday at 18:50 ish. The hostess told us that we have to wait about 30 min. So we put our name than come back 30 min later. They have other couple infront of us. She told them 30min waiting. When I aproched her she told me another 30min waiting???come on!! She does not know how to read a time or she may think we are not qualified for that restaurant. She could have just told us they have a long waiting list or three people is not a good number.. Something honest is better customer service.
By the way there are a couple of empty tables were available on the patio the entire time we ate right next door at a different restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Xraygirl1
Redford, Michigan
“Not going back !”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

4 friends and myself went for dinner Aug 1st. Drinks were delicious. Appetizers, fine. Dinner was a nightmare. My meal was fantastic, the special of bbq rubbed pork. But the rest of my friends, horrible. They all ordered different meals that had risotto in it. One friends was so overly cooked that the starch melted in a disgustingly manner in our mouths (we all tried it) The 2 other meals, I did not sample since there was seafood in it. But they both said it was awful and un edible. One friend ordered just shrimp and they were the size of a nickle. The 3 meals were taken care of. What a total disapointment !!!! All of us agreed that will never be a repeat custome,r if we head up to that area for vacation again.

• Visited August 2014