“Nicely Decorated Good TexMex Food”

El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 101 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Charlevoix, Michigan
“Nicely Decorated Good TexMex Food”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Clean and nicely decorated. Service was fast and efficient. The food was served hot. For those who like highly spiced Mexican food you will be disappointed. I prefer a milder flavor and this restaurant serves it just right for my taste. Nice selection of beers.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BC W

Petoskey, Michigan
“Some good, some bad”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

To start of with there was miscommunicaton between servers because two of them asked for our drink order. We think the server we ended up with didn't understand English very well because she made several mistakes. My wife got diet Coke instead of regluar Coke. My refill of Sprite tasted like club soda and not Sprite. The nachos were not very tasty and some were actually greasy and soggy. The salsa was bland and watered down. We waited quite a while but finally got our main dishes which were pretty good. At checkout, our server couldn't give us the $2.00 off on my wife's dinner special she ordered. We told her server about the poor tasting Sprite and she didn't apologize or offer to take a little off our bill. Next time we want Mexican food, we will go to Joses or LaSenoita.

• Visited April 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Authentic and fresh food”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I had lunch and loved the prompt service. I know it was not so busy, but just as soon as we were seated a basket of warm nachos and fresh salsa arrived. Atmosphere was clean and very colourful. A great family restaurant for sure! Ample menu selection. We loved the margaritas! Any size you want too. The food was more authentic than others we have tasted. We will be back!

• Visited November 2013
“Very Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were looking for a Mexican restaurant and were headed to La Senorita on the other side of town when a local told us about this place so we decided to visit. My wife said it was the best Mexican food she had had in a while. The food, pricing and service was excellent. The menu had many tons of choices to choose from and they allowed us to customize our combo dinner options without added costs. Great food, excellent value.

Visited November 2013
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Good "authentic" Mexican”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Good food. The staff's English is not the best. Communication can be an issue. Best margarita's I've had in a long time!

Visited November 2013