“Better if you include guacamole”
Review of La Senorita

La Senorita
Ranked #83 of 101 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Pearl City, Hawaii
“Better if you include guacamole”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This restaurant would be getting a better review from me if the acid present in their guacamole was present in their main dishes on the whole. I ordered the shredded beef burrito. The beef was very tender, which I loved, but I wish the dish was served like a regular burrito rather than one you have to eat with a knife and fork. The rice and beans were nothing to write home about either, although with re-fried beans you really can't expect great flavor. What saved this dish for me, and the reason why this place is not getting an even lower rating, was the side of guacamole that I ordered, which added the much needed acid profile that the main dish was otherwise lacking in. But I shouldn't have to order guacamole to make a dish work! Not the worst, but definitely don't stop by if you're looking for authentic, very favorable Mexican food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Constantly T

Flushing
“Homecoming”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We used to have a La Senorita at home but it didn't make it. We always liked this chain and were happy to find one. The service was very attentive. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. When traveling and see one we'll stop and relive old memories.

Visited June 2014
Adrian, Michigan
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had steak quesadias and my brother had wings. The food was delicious and the service was very good.

Visited January 2014
“Dinner: Great, Lunch: Not so much”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've eaten dinner here several times and it has always been excellent. This time my wife and I ate lunch. My first clue should have been that no one was there. We thought it was closed. We arrived about 12:30 and were the first or second ones there. They open at 11:00AM. We ordered Fajita salads. Not much flavor. Later we found out that no one added the dressing that was supposed to be on the salad. They brought it out and the second half was better but not great. Service was OK but the servers were standing around shooting the breeze because no one was there.

• Visited January 2014
“Mexican Food”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

La Senorita had ok Mexican food. It is priced right for a family night out. Sometimes it can take awhile for the food to come out. The bar staff is knowledgable and will treat you right.

Visited May 2013