“Very clean and well kept !”
Review of The Apple Tree Inn

The Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
southcentral PA
“Very clean and well kept !”
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My wife and I found this after our reservations somewhere else fell through. The owner gave us a great room for a great rate for a midweek stay. I don't think we have stayed at a cleaner place, which is very important to my wife. We wanted a place right on the water, this not, but you can see the Bay from your balcony. We did walk to downtown, but it would be too far for some. Very short drive to downtown, Odawa casino, bike and walking path along the Bay. We walked to a bike shop and rented bikes to ride on the path. The breakfast was one step above average. Staff was very friendly. We do recommend this hotel and we would stay here again. Non-smoking and very clean!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sniktaw88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Stayed for a two night weekend in Late July at the Apple Tree Inn. The location is great close to the water and restaraunts / bars. View of sunsets are amazing on Lake Charlevoix. The room was large, clean, terrace, quiet, fridge and continental breakfast.

Only minor issue - TV's are OLD and there is no pay per view. Service is very good and homey. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I will admit to being a bit disappointed by the so called room with an awesome view of the Bay. Looking out on the balcony gives you a very distant view of the bay across many buildings and trees miles away. After that letdown the room and hotel are nice and comfortable. Except for the pillows, they are bad news. I'm glad I travel with my own when on the road. Breakfast was decent fare with the usual waffle maker, pastries, cold cereals and some fruit. Hotel is not in center of town so be prepared to travel back and forth. There is a mall across the street with some shopping if needed. All in all hotel fit our needs and was clean. I could not find ice maker on 3rd floor so commuted down to 2nd for fresh ice when needed. Bath amenities were nice. Mini frig was sort of rundown, broken shelf inside but was useable. I did feel overall room price was a bit high compared to price I paid for a room right on the bay in Traverse City. Also extra $20.00 for Friday night stay was a bit excessive but what are you going to do when it's high summer season and you're the tourist? Would recommend this hotel but don't think it's close to bay if you want to be near the water.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Mi
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I accompanied my husband on a buisness trip to Petoskey. We picked this hotel because of the other reviews. Am I glad we did! This is a quaint family owned hotel and probably one of the best. The room was very spacious and clean. It has a charming feel to it. We had a terrace with a great view of a beautiful sunset overlooking the lake, The bed was comfortable. The staff was excellent, very friendly, courteous, and eager to help with anything we needed.. This is a hotel you wont regret staying at. We've stayed at other hotels in Petoskey but this is the one I will come back to.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We looked at several places to stay while in Petoskey for a ski vacation. We picked the Apple Tree and were quite pleased. The rooms were nice and clean and large enough. The breakfasts were always pleasant. We enjoyed the hot tub. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed February 2009
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 24 October 2008

The Apple Tree Inn is a great independant Hotel. The rooms are clean and simple and every room has a view of the bay. The folks at the front desk were helpful and friendly. Has your basic free breakfast. Close to the casino for all you gamblers. close to the gaslight area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — still uses metal room keys.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Swartz Creek
Reviewed 22 August 2008

I noticed the Apple Tree Inn when we were staying in Petoskey last year at the Hampton Inn. I thought it looked so cute and inviting.
when we were ready to go this year I checked on the internet and found they were 25 dollars less a night than the Hampton and the descriptions looked good so I booked a room for a week. I was a little nervous, because it is privately owned and I just didn't know for sure how it would be, but when we arrived it was wonderful. It's cute, the landscaping is beautiful, the rooms are nice, they had highspeed wireless and we had a balcony with a great view of the bay. We will stay there next year.
The front desk people were very nice and polite. It is a great place.

• Liked — clean, attractive
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)