“Home Cooked Mexican Meal”

Jose's Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 101 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
STAFFORD
“Home Cooked Mexican Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Being Mexican I hesitate eating out to a mexican restaurant because I compare it to my cooking. So we went to this little place and the food was very good. I would go again when I'm not in the mood to cook. Dishes are not large portions, tacos are small not the taco bell size. It's what to be expected due to being homemade tacos.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ZSTAFFORD

Pearl City, Hawaii
“Solid Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

When I first ate here last year, I was a little disappointed as I wasn't wowed in any way. But, after eating at some other Mexican restaurants in town, I can honestly say that this place is far and beyond the best you'll find in terms of Mexican food in Petoskey. I'm a sucker for burritos and this place makes them pretty good. The guacamole is a bit on the high side, price-wise, but you pay for quality. And I love the fact that everything seems to be homemade, which is becoming rarer and rarer in similar restaurants.

• Visited July 2013
Florence, Italy
“Best Mexican food in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Small storefront restaurant, very good food at reasonable prices. Definitely a repeater when I'm in town.

• Visited July 2013
Petoskey, Michigan
“Excellent, authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very nicely prepared Mexican dishes with very good prices. The Chili Relleno is excellent and the fresh guacamole is awesome. Slight downside is every time the front door opens a blast of cold air hits you. This should resolve itself once it warms up outside.

Visited March 2014
Carp Lake, Michigan
“Great food!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there on the Friday after Christmas. It was awesome!! It took a while for our food, but we didn't mind at all. The chairs and tables are very unique. The chips and salsa were awesome. I had the seafood enchiladas. So great!! My husband had the burritos locos. He loved it too!! We will return as soon as possible.