I tried to rent one of the cottages from the hotel, called and left a message 3 times with no call back. Finally I decided to just go ahead and reserve one of the 2 bedroom suites. Went online, showed availablilty, reserved it, and got an email confirmation. This would normally mean everything is good, right? Not here. 5 days later, I get an email saying they have no availability for that room type and I can call and reserve the bigger suite for around $200 more a night, thats a 150% increase. Most reputable hotels, when faced with their error, would upgrade you for free. I called and spoke to them to let them and got a very pleasant woman (Bree, I think??) who tried to be helpful and sympathetic, and informed me her manager would call me as soon as she got it, who ironically is the same person I left numerous messages for above for the cottages. Well that was well over a day ago, and I called back and was told she was in fact in. So obviously they do not care if anyone stays at their hotel. The manager is unreachable and doesn't care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center is situated on five miles of pristine Lake Michigan shoreline between Petoskey and Charlevoix, where an uncompromising standard of hospitality awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel And Conference Center
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel Petoskey
- Bay Harbor Resort Marina