“Hotel really does not want customers” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Hotel really does not want customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I tried to rent one of the cottages from the hotel, called and left a message 3 times with no call back. Finally I decided to just go ahead and reserve one of the 2 bedroom suites. Went online, showed availablilty, reserved it, and got an email confirmation. This would normally mean everything is good, right? Not here. 5 days later, I get an email saying they have no availability for that room type and I can call and reserve the bigger suite for around $200 more a night, thats a 150% increase. Most reputable hotels, when faced with their error, would upgrade you for free. I called and spoke to them to let them and got a very pleasant woman (Bree, I think??) who tried to be helpful and sympathetic, and informed me her manager would call me as soon as she got it, who ironically is the same person I left numerous messages for above for the cottages. Well that was well over a day ago, and I called back and was told she was in fact in. So obviously they do not care if anyone stays at their hotel. The manager is unreachable and doesn't care.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank stang7606
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Let me start by saying we are sorry you experienced many obstacles to reserving your vacation stay. I am not sure why the breakdown of communication happened; however, we are working on ways to improve communication between guests and reservations staff. We are trying to streamline our home rentals to be as smooth as our hotel room rentals. We value your criticism on how we may improve and want you to know we appreciate each and every guest who comes to experience Bay Harbor and all we have to offer. If you would permit us to host you again, I am confident we would exceed your expectations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Up for a wedding and stayed 4 nights. For high season, we had a wonderful "Parlor Suite" that had a separate BR, LR, DR, and kitchen plus another half bathat $350 a night. Nice to have kitchen and buy wine and food at shop right across the street. I liked the property very much. Great housekeeoing staff. My only criticism is the room was a tad worn, but a great layout and staying right in the village was perfect -- you can walk to everything. The pool facility also very nice.

This is a great spot to get away for a few days and Northern Michigan beautiful.

Make sure you walk down to the other hotel and enjoy a drink at the beach bar!

Room Tip: Noise won't matter--not sure water view really does either. Get a suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at Bay Harbor. We pride ourselves on providing an all around, wonderful experience to all of our guests. We are working with our owners to make the necessary upgrades to each unit so they stand out above the rest. We look forward to your return!
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our family of four recently stayed here for a wedding for two nights. I cannot express my disappointment enough.
1st: The room consisted of 2 queen beds ,which thank God were comfortable. That was really all there was room for. There is only a narrow walk way on each side of and between the beds oh and a nightstand between the beds.
2nd: Storage consists of one small closet and a 6 drawer lingerie chest for storage that also holds a tv, besides of course the walkways to set your suitcases...needless to say a lot of tripping and stubbed toes. Well there is a 3 x 3(roughly) entry area, but if you want to open and close the door easily you really can't put anything there
3rd: Bathroom, Shower stall only, which after a very enjoyable time at the wedding a soak in the bath would have been the best thing! NO counter space for toiletries, as the coffee pot is also stored on the bathroom counter, but they do provide a wicker basket (for dirty towels I assume) which I ended up using for storing our toiletries & personal grooming products.
4th: DO NOT PLAN ON ENJOYING THE BEACH. I realize this is not the hotel's doing, however it should not be advertised as an attraction to the place. It is so rocky you cannot enter the water. Would explain why the only activity we saw there was bonfires at night or people walking the path during the day. THE POOL WAS VERY NICE, large, clean and plenty of towels available as well as pool toys to use.
I do not think this was worth $150 per night for the size and comfort of the room.

Room Tip: Do your research
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bay Harbor Village Hotel is a condominium style resort with rooms ranging from 400 sq ft to 3000 sq ft. Guests come to experience the village in the relaxing atmosphere that is Bay Harbor. There are many scenic and beautiful aspects of the village and surrounding areas. The value is in the total experience which includes the room, the beach, shops, dining, water sports, the marina, sunsets, parties, the pool, and the clean and safe village which is Bay Harbor.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

This is the 2nd time my faimly have stayed at the Bay Harbor Village Hotel in the last two years. I can tell you that this time around was jusat as great as the first. This trip however was just a short one as we had to be in the UP the very next day, so we decided to stay in the cheapest room they had. I have been reading the reviews on here and I really don't understand all the negativity for this room. Yes, it is a bit small, but to be honest we are a family that isn't in the room much execpt to sleep, so this rooms works just fine. To be honest I like the fact that it doesn't have a window. This helps with beiing able to sleep in a little in the morning. There is a little window above the door that lets in the light, which is just enough if you ask me. If I could give one advise. Just try this room, I think you'll find that is just perfect . I had the pleasure of running into two of the hotel managers and they are great. Very helpful and you can tell they truly do care for each and everyone one of thier guests.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vkingsfan
Glad to hear your visit with us went well! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I normally do not write reviews about hotels, but I felt that I would make an exception this one time. My wife and I along with out two kids decided to take a trip up to Norther Michigan from the Minneapolis area this past weekend. When we arrived to the hotel to our suprise, they had some type of festival going on. They called it the Ice and Spice Festival. This was very neat. They had ice carvers from all over to come in and have a contest. They also had sled dog rides along with being able to watch snowboarders to tricks which my kids just loved. Now onto my room. The rooms was great. It was well lit with a few pieces of candy that was left my for kids. The staff was outstanding. If I had a question about the area they were all willing to go that extra mile. If you have never been to this hotel before I would reccomend it. Give it a try and I hope you will be able to exprience what I did and that is a home away from home.

Room Tip: If you want a room that has that home away from home feeling, go with what they call a Parlor Suite...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul R
Since you had a great time during the winter months, you should now try us in the summer time.
Attica, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

You must go or go back! You can tell there is new managers as the place was outstanding like 5 yrs ago. The rooms were extremely clean and updated and the cleaning staff went out of their way to make it a great stay. The Hotel service was good and the restaurant Cava's was a big improvement because it is owned by the local place Chandlers. Just go.

Room Tip: Room 302 is a great one or two bedroom suite with a super fireplace.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rick i
Hope to see you again soon!
Midland, mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We booked a room at last minute and we had a good price for a room windowless at 99 dollars. The location of the room was good but we faced couple of issues : the mattress had a bad quality, the headbord was not stable that made the bed very noisy and the air conditionned made a lot of noise. The hotel has a beautiful location but the hotel should improve the quality of the room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family