Was there for a wedding,front desk was less than friendly. It was raining steadily, and was told to go around back, my ride dropped me off and i entered through glass doors to elevator, my room was on the 3rd floor, knew I was in the wrong place since there was no 3rd floor button in the elevator. Had to walk through the rain back to the front desk, was then told that the hotel was just down the street, I inquired about help getting there, since it was raining harder and I had two pieces of luggage. He told me that overhead awnings would protect me from the rain, had difficulty navigating the sidewalks between my luggage and the rain and also the steps every few feet. Had to ask store owners where the hotel was, a very nice real estate lady was kind enough to show me exactly where this hotel was. When I got to my room, the key given to me did not work, I called the front desk and asked that someone please bring me a new key, took several minutes, but someone finally showed up.
The room was much less than I expected, very dated, and the bed looked like it was made by a 4 year old, shower moldy, and spider webs also in the shower, there were also fruit flies. The room was extremely small, no room for your luggage, the small dresser had broken drawers, that either would not open, or if they were open would not close completely. What I thought was really weird was there was no window in the room and we had to go outside to see what color clothes we had ( if it was black or blue)
I thought it was odd that when I checked in I was not given any information regarding any amenities (pool, fitness center, places to eat).
Finally there were gift bags that were to be given to all out of town guests, I never received one, although I saw these bags on the hotel desk when I checked in.
This hotel needs help, I would not recommend this to anyone, it's a shame, because the location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center is situated on five miles of pristine Lake Michigan shoreline between Petoskey and Charlevoix, where an uncompromising standard of hospitality awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel And Conference Center
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel Petoskey
- Bay Harbor Resort Marina