“Amazing, wonderful beautiful hotel!”

Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
DeKalb, IL
“Amazing, wonderful beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This hotel staff does everything they can to accomodate and make your stay one that you will never forget, and refer everyone too! We were blessed to have Rosemary Jackson, Hotel Manager make our stay one that we will remember forever! Our room was amazing, beautiful and looked out over Lake Michigan. Beautiful, grand and felt like you could just move in! Even the next day, Rosemary took us around the grounds and took pictures for us, to help make our trip even more memorable!!!!! Would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: The Higher the floorsthe more beautiful the views!!!!! But all rooms could see Lake Michigan!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol S
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Fabulous! We hope you come again when in the area. It was nice meeting you and showing you around our little bit of heaven.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Paw Paw, Michigan
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

A group of 6 of us decided to stay here during the ice n spice festival, we stayed in a perfect room overlooking bay Harbor lake and lake Michigan. The village area is like a city in itself, everything steps away, a perfect setting. The master br was fantastic, as were the two other rooms. All our rooms had great views of water and the beautiful homes in the area. The entertainment area was huge and very nicely appointed. We will be back again for sure. Everybody we met was extremely friendly and service oriented.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank scott m
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
So glad to hear about your wonderful trip! The Ice-n-Spice Festival is coming again to Bay Harbor, January 18th and 19th, 2013. Book with us now and bring some friends to share in the fun!
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We had family members from all over the US for a long wedding weekend staying at this hotel! Everyone commented on the clean rooms, beautiful views, excellent service of all hotel staff, and access to delicious meals to make this a comfortable and memorable family reunion! We would highly recommend this hotel to all looking for a high quality experience at a resort hotel! We are planning to come back! Thank you to Bay Harbor Village Hotel staff for excellent and caring service. Dr Jean Kanitz and Family

• Stayed September 2012
Great! So glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the entire village of Bay Harbor along with our hotel. We will be glad to host you again!
Shepherd, Michigan
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A BIG Thank You to the Bay Harbor Village Hotel and Conference Center--to Rosemary and Megan for making our long weekend in Northern Michigan for a family wedding so homelike, so comfortable and we had sooo much fun!!!
From earlier this spring when we went looking for place to stay in the area for the wedding, Rosemary toured us and showed us the many combinations of room accomodations available to even a washer and dryer if our guests needed it-- right on to our actual arrival the communication was easy. Rosemary assisted us with some early check-ins to get in before we had to go to rehearsal time and only she knows the challenge of her flexibility of getting the bride and groom checked out!!!
We had some 50 relatives from all over--Hawaii, Calif , Florida and all over Michigan who were thus able to be in one location. we also chose one larger suite which gave us an area to gather. The rooms were so clean and the decor was unique in each one--the views from the windows were breathtaking, we had rainbows and sunsets to see--
Thanks to Megan for the set-up in the Conference center for a morning after brunch which was great.
Thanks to all for the wonderful memories----

Room Tip: because of the uniqueness of the physical aspects of the actual hotel set-up travelers need to resea...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Outstanding! Thank you for staying with us. Your family was a joy to have as our guests. We look forward to the next time you are in Northern Michigan.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The accommodations were excellent and the rooms met the needs for all seven of us. It was nice to have the ability to cook our own meals or to go to the nearby restaurants. The rooms were located close to all amenities. The views of Lake Michigan, the downtown Village area, and the Yacht Club were spectacular; and the shopping and restaurants were so convenient. Overall It was a very pleasant place to stay and would return again.

Room Tip: If one wants the views of Lake Michigan, then go to the upper floors on the Maritime Side.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Wonderful! We and happy you came and look forward to the next time.
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Was there for a wedding,front desk was less than friendly. It was raining steadily, and was told to go around back, my ride dropped me off and i entered through glass doors to elevator, my room was on the 3rd floor, knew I was in the wrong place since there was no 3rd floor button in the elevator. Had to walk through the rain back to the front desk, was then told that the hotel was just down the street, I inquired about help getting there, since it was raining harder and I had two pieces of luggage. He told me that overhead awnings would protect me from the rain, had difficulty navigating the sidewalks between my luggage and the rain and also the steps every few feet. Had to ask store owners where the hotel was, a very nice real estate lady was kind enough to show me exactly where this hotel was. When I got to my room, the key given to me did not work, I called the front desk and asked that someone please bring me a new key, took several minutes, but someone finally showed up.
The room was much less than I expected, very dated, and the bed looked like it was made by a 4 year old, shower moldy, and spider webs also in the shower, there were also fruit flies. The room was extremely small, no room for your luggage, the small dresser had broken drawers, that either would not open, or if they were open would not close completely. What I thought was really weird was there was no window in the room and we had to go outside to see what color clothes we had ( if it was black or blue)
I thought it was odd that when I checked in I was not given any information regarding any amenities (pool, fitness center, places to eat).
Finally there were gift bags that were to be given to all out of town guests, I never received one, although I saw these bags on the hotel desk when I checked in.
This hotel needs help, I would not recommend this to anyone, it's a shame, because the location is great.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Peileen
We are sorry that you were frustrated with your accommodations and confused on how to navigate our resort and village. Due to our condominium style resort, our guest rooms are not connected to our office building, however, they do come in various styles and sizes. While we try our best to eliminate confusion and help all guests reach their destinations, unfortunately, we fell short during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback for it provides an opportunity of improvement and reflection on how to enact changes which will positively affect our guests. We continuously strive to improve our training efforts to provide excellent customer service as well as our amenities within our guest rooms. Our goal is to provide each guest a great stay and would appreciate a second chance to show you what Bay Harbor has to offer.

Travellers are raving about these Petoskey hotels

grosse pointe mi
Reviewed 2 September 2012

There is a difference between hospitality and hostility and the woman at the front desk does not know the difference. She obviously has not been trained in customer service. I will be writing a lengthy letter to management about my stay and all the things that are wrong. I just want to warn people that the level of mold in my shower was not only dangerous to my health, but the health of the cleaning crews. I bought a bottle of Tylex, turned on the fan and shut the door for 24 hours before I would use it. If it was that bad in my shower, I can't imagine what the rest of the showers are like.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank carmac007
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. Unfortunately, we did not have the opportunity while you were here to correct these issues. However, since your stay we have made necessary staffing changes at our front desk to better anticipate our guests needs, provide a more welcoming atmosphere, and show our continued desire to enhance our guest’s stays. We feel that these changes are positive and will lend themselves to improving guest relations. We take the comfort and safety of both our internal and external guests very seriously and can assure you there is no health risk or any other form of harm that they may encounter. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at Bay Harbor Village Hotel or 231-439-2400.