If so, this may be the place for you. When booking our standard room we figured we would not have a lake view. But we did think the room would have a window. And a bathtub. And a chair. Um, no. It turns out that the "standard" room is actually an extra bedroom that is adjacent to the much larger lakeview suites--the kind of extra room you'd add if you had several children staying with you. But the hotel rents these out (at pretty hefty rates) as "standard rooms." So, after driving 3 1/2 hours to get here for a wedding anniversary, 8 months pregnant, and seeing that there were very few guests, we figured we'd ask the front desk staff if they could accommodate us in any other room. Their answer: "You should have read the booking agreement: it specifically said there would be no window." So at least the staff and the room were equally pleasant. In closing, if you are considering spending some special occasion here, let me highlight the fine print for you: THERE WILL BE NO WINDOW. Try the Super 8 up the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center is situated on five miles of pristine Lake Michigan shoreline between Petoskey and Charlevoix, where an uncompromising standard of hospitality awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel And Conference Center
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel Petoskey
- Bay Harbor Resort Marina