“Great Location”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
kapalua, Maui Hawaii
“Great Location”
Reviewed 26 April 2007

Have stayed here twice. It has a great location with views of both Lake Michigan and Bay Harbor (a deep water lake connected to Lake Michigan and home to the marina and yacht club). The hotel is clean, units are well furnished and relatively new. The village sits below the hotels and offers shopping and one very good restaurant. The only
complaint was my own fault. I asked to be moved from one suite that didn't have as good a view as I wanted and I was told the one I was in was much quieter. The one I picked was indeed louder but I have to
say it was Labor Day weekend with weddings and the final hoorah of the summer going on. We plan on going back in the future as this is the only high quality resort in the area.

dwestmaui@aol.com

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — local tax
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dwestmaui
BHVHGM, General Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 February 2011
Your comments are very kind.
Our Village now has many new shops and a restaurant.
I urge you to try all of the retail experiences that the Village at Bay Harbor has to offer....and I'll make sure the views are available! :)

I hope to serve you again,

Jim Stabile

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Franklin, MI
Reviewed 6 April 2007

My daughter and I stayed at this property in August of 2006. First , please be clear about which property you want at this location which is on Lake Michigan near the wonderful city of Petosky. I actually made a mistake and thought I had booked the big white hotel which is called the Inn at Bay Harbor, but that is a separate property, despite the similar name.
This resort is quite different from the Inn. It is rooms above the shopping/dining area near the hotel, some facing the water, some facing the street or parking.
The rooms are either studios with kitchens and murphy beds or regular rooms, or a combination of both which would be a suite I suppose. We booked a regular room and found ourselves sharing a balcony with the people next door, which was very odd. They came out on the balcony after we arrived and wondered how we had gotten on to their balcony! Luckily they were friendly, but this is too close for comfort. They were quite disappointed that their room had only a Murphy bed and not a regular bed. So, be sure to ask lots of questions so you will be clear about what you are getting!
My real reason for writing this review several months after my stay is that I received a letter yesterday offering me a 10% discount on my next booking if I write a "positive review" on tripadvisor. As a lover of tripadvisor I was really sorry to see this. Maybe I am naive but I would like to think people write these reviews to give their real, unbiased experiences, not to receive kickbacks. Kickbacks would ruin the value of tripadvisor, in my opinion. I contacted tripadvisor to let them know about this offer and the person I spoke with seemed surprised and concerned.
So, buyer beware!

• Liked — view of Lake Michigan
  • Disliked — not being informed we would be sharing a balcony with the room next door
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
8 Thank DJRN

Travellers are raving about these Petoskey hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 October 2003

Didn't know what to really expect but when we got there we were really impressed. It is a beautiful and unique little village on the water with upscale boutiques, million dollar homes/cottages, a marina, a wonderful gourment deli (the pizza and desserts were great... alittle pricey but sometimes you have to pay the price to get something good!), restaurant and bar. We went in the off-season so the price was only $155 a night which was fantastic for this place and it included a big room with a nice whirlpool and fantastic views of the main street below and marina! It is alittle out of our league, but it doesn't hurt to dream of one day owning a place in Bay Harbor! I would definetely recommend this place for a nice get-a-way.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member