“A Value at a Luxury Property”

Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Recently we booked an affordable trip to get away with the children skiing. We saw this hotel offering $99 rooms on Hotels.com. The description said No View. We took our chances and it paid off. The resort is beautiful with all of these shops and restaurants under it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was an interior room with no windows. It was very nice and plenty of room for a weekend getaway. Everything was very centrally located which made it great for the kids. We will be back this summer to book one of their suites for a week.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
BHVHGM, General Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Thank you so much for your review.

We try to provide the best accommodations at the best value for all of our guest. I will take you comments and pass them along to our staff.

I hope we have the opportunity to service you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Just stayed at the Bay Harbor Hotel with my family of 3 while skiing at Boyne Highlands. This hotel has a great location and quaint shops and restaurants in the immediate area. The pool is seasonal so it can only be used during the warm months. We booked a non-view room, which essentially means "no window". The rooms are small but well decorated with nice finishes. The beds are very comfortable with down duvets and pillows. I have one serious complaint, the walls are paper thin. We did have a room issue where the water pipes were making annoying noises so we had to packed up and move to another room. In the second room, we could hear our neighbors in the adjoining room; the neighbors weren't being loud but we could easily hear all of their conversations. There were also other minor housekeeping issues such as the room having a few burned out light bulbs. Overall, the stay and customer service was OK. I didn't hate it but I can't positively say that I'd stay here again so I will not recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
BHVHGM, General Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2011

Thank you writing this review. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced while staying at our property. I feel very passionate about our service and your experience. These issues have been addressed and I promise to keep a watchful eye on these issues in the future. It was great meeting you at the Bridal Show and we are very excited to serve you and your family for your upcoming wedding.
Thank you and please call with any questions and or concerns.

Reviewed 25 August 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Bay Harbor Village Hotel over the weekend for a friend's wedding. Being a groomsman in the wedding, my fiance booked our room back in January. It was supposed to be a room with a king size bed and balcony. The room we were given (room 202) was tiny, no balcony, and with a queen size bed. Then immediately to the right of the bed was a door that I assumed to be a closet. When i went to open it, someone on the other side said "hello?". It was a door to the neighbors room (luckily locked), and you could hear EVERYTHING through that door!! I initially thought maybe it was one of our friends also in the wedding party, given an adjoining room, so I asked the guy who he was. We didn't know him, but we found out his room was a bridal suite (he and his fiance were also getting married that weekend) and the door opened into their bathroom, which only amplified sounds even more. We literally could hear every word they were saying to each other at normal speaking volume. Right away I called down to the desk and told them there was a mistake with our room, that this is not the room we paid for. The guy that answered the phone was very impatient and down right rude to me. He said the hotel was completely booked, no other rooms were available. I asked if we could be switched if something opened up and his reply was "yeah, IF something opens up", in a really snotty tone. So I asked to speak to the manager. He put me on hold and then just hung up on me. I called back down and this time a girl answered. I explained to her the situation and she said that the manager was very busy and blah blah blah. Finally she transferred me and I got his voicemail. I should have left a message, but being that we had to start getting ready for the rehearsal, I decided to deal with it later. Bad idea. That night after we got back we were exhausted and went right to bed. I woke up shortly after 2am to what sounded like a dance party going on in the hallway (the bar crawlers returning to their rooms). This room absolutely had no sound proofing to it. It was absolutely ridiculous! Then our suite neighbors were up at 7am (I could actually hear their alarm). The bride was blow drying her hair and she could have been standing over our bed thats how loud it was. Then she had guests over to their room and was talking to them over the hair dryer. She even had someone on speaker phone at one point and we could everything the person on the OTHER line was saying. So I got up, called down to the desk, and asked to speak to the manager once again. This time I was told the manager wasn't in yet, and the girl Kayla asked if she could assist me. I told her the problem with the noise and she said she would call our neighbors room and ask them to keep it down. She never called, and we know this because we could hear whenever the neighbor's phone rang.
Besides the problem with the noise, later that evening I returned to the room to find our door open. Housekeeping had come to turn down our sheets and never bothered to close the door behind them! For the fourth time I called down to the desk (I swear I have never called a front desk as often as I did with this hotel) and got Sonya. She was nice and said that she would contact housekeeping and warn them that they had left our door open.
So in summary, my fiance and I were EXTREMELY disappointed. We plan to follow up on this with the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leannibabes

I am very sorry for the negative experience you had.
I'm glad we were able to discuss this with you over the phone.
Thank you again and please know that we care greatly for you and your business.
I hope we can earn your business again.

Reviewed 9 May 2010

Our stay at the Bay Harbor Hotel was very very nice the room was beautiful and having two bathrooms was wonderful. The room had more then enough space and the views were just georgous!!! We had planned on staying two nights but because of the nasty snowy cold weather we cut our visit by one night. We hope to be able to visit Bay Harbor Hotel sometime in the summer.
Only one problem, I wanted to fill the hot tub and after 20 minutes of running the water and it was barely warm I decideded to give up on that idea. We ran the water in the shower for close to a 1/2 hour before we could even attempt to get in the shower.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your comments. We can always do better with direction from our guests.
I am glad you had a pleasant time and we hope to see you again.
Make sure to call and I will make sure the water is hot and sun is shinning! :)

Reviewed 7 May 2010

My family and I have been coming up to the Petoskey area for years. We usually stay right in the town of Petoskey, but this time we wanted to try something a little different. The Bay Harbor Village hotel was great. The views of Lake Michigan were beautiful. The rooms were very clean and reminded us of home. My wife loved all the shopping that bay harbor had to offer. My kids enjoyed the jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom. If you are looking for a home away from home I'd recommend this hotel. Friendly staff and people all around.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We stayed in a Maritime Unit overlooking Little Traverse Bay. It was a beautiful setting! We loved the fact that we could walk to eat dinner and breakfast the next morning. Its situated above shopping and dining, as well as within walking steps to a great marina. We will definitely come back again!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your thoughts!
It's always great to hear about the wonderful experiences.

Please let us know if we can serve you in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2010

The condo was very beautiful and had a cozy feel. We loved the views and will go back again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review.
Please give us a call if we can provide another cozy stay for you! :)