“Great Pub stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mitchell Street Pub & Cafe
Ranked #22 of 102 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Petoskey, Michigan
“Great Pub stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a fun pub that anyone can stop at for good value food and drink. They have small tables and a bar on one side with private booths on the other.

Visited April 2014

Marquette, Michigan
“Best drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Came here for drinks after visiting a few other bars in town and had the best Long Island Iced Tea that I've ever had. I wished we had come here earlier on in the night. We did not have any food, so I can't comment on that. The atmosphere is great.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Coloma, Michigan, United States
“Mediocre service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My niece and her friends came into town to visit and I wanted to take them to Mitchell Street Pub based on my one past experience there. It is customary to get a basket of peanuts before eating, which we were not offered. Our waitress was not very attentive and never asked how the meal was--I felt like we an inconvenience to her. It was not that busy, so that wasn't an excuse. She never asked us if we wanted dessert, either--which she did for two booths behind us--she just cleared our plates and gave us the bill.

I am a minimum 20% tipper on average but only gave her 15%--and I felt guilty about it--but because I know she was capable of providing better service (as we witnessed with her interactions at other booths) so this was what I based my tip, and this review on.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FWCCustomerService
Tecumseh, Canada
“Very cozy restaurant, good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our family has a cottage outside Petoskey that we go to several times a year, and we always make a point to stop at the Pub at least once per trip. It's a typical local saloon, dark, cozy with assorted memorabilia on the walls and flags on the ceilings. The bartending staff is always very friendly and accomodating, especially to younger kids. The waitstaff can get a little harried when it's busy though. This place can get crowded during the summer tourist season, but locals keep it humming in the winter as well. It's a great place to have a Michigan microbrew, and the sandwiches and French onion soup are delicious. We went there one St. Patrick's Day and it was crowded, but not overpowering, and the bar is closed on Sundays and major holidays. Also a great place to watch your favourite sports, as there are TVs throughout the bar. Stop in here if you're in Petoskey, even if you're just passing through.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mark B
Saginaw, Michigan
“Good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were here for drinks and peanuts. Nice afternoon spent with friends and cold beer. Lots of peanuts eaten with the shells tossed on the floor. Staff was great, never had an empty glass. Great location downtown Petoskey. It is remarkably dark inside however.

• Visited March 2014