“Great Brew and a Tasty Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beards Brewery
Ranked #18 of 102 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Beards Brewery, we are devoted to making great beer. Stop by to watch us brew and enjoy a pint or two.
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
“Great Brew and a Tasty Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I love Beards Brewery. My favorite beers are Kick-back (light ale) and Wheatus (dark stout). We live in Grand Rapids, MI (Craft Beer City, USA) so we know beer. Beards is right up there with Founders and the other great micro-breweries. They offer some great Mexican food for dinner.
We tasted the whole assortment of tacos and burritos. On my way back to GR I took 4 howlers all iced down so that I could continue to have a taste of Petoskey in my home.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank George C

Oak Park, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Yes their selection is small. But it's some of the best beer we've ever had, and my husband is a beer snob. We stopped in because we had time to kill, didn't expect much. We were blown away by the knowledge of the keeper. They were slow, so he showed us the set up and told is how the flavors were selected. Offered samples and tips on home brewing and even gave us some great advise on staying in Petoskey. We ended up there almost every night after dinner and enjoyed it every time.

We'd definitely go back, and bring friends.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sharon M
Portage, Michigan
“MUST SEE BREWERY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I love visiting breweries and this is one to remember.....the atmosphere is relaxed and the bartenders are knowledgeable about beer.
I loved the beer and the bar tender was quick to explain things and answer questions....something I like.

They have snacks but don't come here to eat. If you are in town stop in here for a few drinks then head somewhere else to eat, you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank mrnafe
Fenton, Michigan
“Had a great time !,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were trying out local breweries and decided to give Beard's a try. It is a tiny place, but the beer is fabulous and so is the atmosphere ! We ended playing board games and laughing incessantly . Go !

Grand Rapids
“Unique.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I wanted to visit this place after reading about it in Trip Advisor. When we arrived, we learned that they did not open until 3pm and we were on our way to Mackinaw. We ended up stopping and Petoskey Brewing to try a few of their beers. We were really not too impressed and I wanted to try Beards Brewery Tree Blood. So, by the time we left Petoskey Brewing it was just 3pm. So we quick went back to Beards to get a howler of Tree Blood. I was a little dissapointed to get there and find that they were all out. :( The bartender was very nice and inquired as to what I liked and give me a sample. It was pretty good, so I took a howler of that. I loved the quaint little place they had and would have really like to have stayed to try more of what was on tap. I will definitely go back when I am in the Petoskey area again.