“New Favorite”

Ranked #52 of 102 Restaurants in Petoskey
Michigans Upper Peninsula
“New Favorite”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Passing thru Petosky near dinnertime and were headed for the local asian buffet resturant on the north side of town when we spotted Nagora on the main drag near the hospital. What the heck, try something new: good decision! Evidently recently opened, the menu has an extensive sushi selection, which, altho I'm not a fan, looked good. Spring roll appetizer was good and freshly made, and our dinners were excellent with large portions. Attentive service, moderate prices, freshly prepared and well presented tasty food, what's not to like? I still habituate asian buffets, but you just can't beat the quality of the food when it's made to order with quality ingredients.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Yooper011

Petoskey, Michigan
“Not even close to authentic....”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I'm stunned by the positive reviews of Nagoya. The food tastes like it was pre-packaged and heated up in a microwave. We were astounded not only at the poor food quality, but the inattentive service. Water glasses never re-filled, server almost non-verbal. If you want good Asian food, there are several alternatives in Harbor Springs, Petoskey and Charlevoix. I'm surprised they haven't closed down yet. Every time we go by there are very few cars in the parking lot.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank dre51
Petoskey, Michigan, USA
“Good Food, Pleasant Service, a little Pricey.”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Being plant-based folks we tend to visit Asian restaurants more than others. At Nagoya we found some nice meals that fit our program and they were very good...one might even say, delicious. One rather strange thing was that our meals came out several minutes apart. As we looked around we noticed that the same thing was happening to the other diners. Says something about the kitchen system. Odd. We went away not comfortable with the value. One thing for sure, the wine is a short pour and a tall price. We probably will visit again but we'll forget the wine.

Visited March 2014
PETOSKEY
“Good food but very small portions”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I loved the idea of a new Asian restaurant in Petoskey. I did like the sushi but I was very disappointed in the portions for the price that I paid. Only 6 pieces of Tempura vegetables for about $12!!! crazy. I can not see this place lasting long unless they change a few things.

Visited July 2013
Petoskey, Michigan
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I am so glad Nagoya came to Petoskey! Food is great, big portions, very reasonable prices. We eat her at least 2 times a month.

• Visited January 2014