“Fun finding stones”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Appleton
“Fun finding stones”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful,. Know the area and have directions and suggestions if needed. Very nice breakfast. Rooms neat and very quiet. Nice price for rooms. Location easy to get around to attractions, shopping and restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Big Rapids
Reviewed 19 August 2014

They didn't have our confirmed reservation on file. The room they gave us had not been vacuumed and the hastily made bed made us question whether the sheets had been changed. The bathroom had a large spot of moldy, rotten,drywall by the shower pan. The staff, by their own admission, was overworked and exhausted. The best thing I can say is that the coffee was tasty.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Travellers are raving about these Petoskey hotels

Oxford
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Not clean. Smelled bad. Staff nice. Pictures were way nicer than rooms. Pay more to stay in a nicer place. I would not shower in the bathroom because of way it looked. My kids smelled awful after they got our of pool and my daughters hair turned green fro chlorine after short trip I'm pool.

Richmond
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This place was very nice and clean. Staff was great. We had a wedding and from what I understand our room was MUCH nicer than the place where the wedding party stayed. With that being said I would stay here again.

GLADSTONE
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Arrived at check in and we were told we didn't have a reservation. Tried to check my e-mail for my confirmation and this was the first of many issues with the Wi-Fi. She asked us again for our name on the reservation and this time she found it and blamed Charter for the problem (which was also the problem with the internet. We went to our room down a hall that smelled so bad like cat piss to find a very warm room. Tried to turn on the a/c and nothing, called the desk and she said someone would be with us soon. Then we turned on the tv to amuse ourselves while we waited to have very little volume and could only get 2 channels (Disney and ESPN). Called desk again and she said she would be down in a few minutes. Waited then we walked to the desk to ask for a different room. They were very happy to change the room and it was in good order and everything worked but the Wi-Fi. Such a terrible signal and very slow. Too many other motels to choose from so I think that will happen next time we are in Petoskey.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Peotone
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It just wasn't very clean. I didn't feel comfortable there and was in a hurry to get out of there. The exterior looked ok but the interior needs a thorough cleaning. For instance, the hallway looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in at least a month! I never once saw housekeeping floating around while I was there. The breakfast area had wires hanging from the ceiling where a light fixture used to be. So we ate by the light from the windows. Kinda dreary and depressing. It just is not worth the price for the nasty conditions.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed at many Americinns and this one leaves a lot to be desired. First of all the rooms weren't ready when we arrived and we arrived 1/2 after check in time. Extremely hard to find a parking place at night in the parking lot. Entrance door at back of property was surrounded by cobwebs with grass cutting stuck to it - around the whole door frame - looked horrible. I had to go back 3 times to the front desk within 2 days to get new room cards because I couldn't get back into my room. Staff was nice and accommodating. The bedding and pillows were good, my parents room had black mold in corner of bathroom, the hotel has just seen better days and seems a tad run down. Better off checking the Americinn closer to Charlevoix.