All reviews valley view full size fridge front desk presidential suite limo service rolling hills cinnamon rolls bottled water complimentary limo cookies pancake maker living room free breakfast very nice hotel indoor pool breakfast area offer free
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel, and had to check in early, and the staff worked to accommodate us, and it was great to work out the details over the phone, and than connecting with the same person (Renee) at the front desk. The view was great, the staff was outstanding, and the personal touch to take the time to make sure I was satisfied in the room that we choose was great customer service.

Room Tip: Suites on the 5th floor, give you a good view. Also complimentary limo service is offered.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was recently a guest in this hotel as part of a wedding group. Marjaree in the sales department went out of her way to make sure my family was able to stay with the rest of the wedding guests and the wedding party. The rooms were clean, and well equipped. The staff was pleasant and welcoming. We enjoyed our stay very much and recommend this hotel. We traveled with our three adult children and the sleeper sofas in the King room and the King suite were very comfortable.

Room Tip: The views were great, we traveled with our adult children and the suites were very comfortable. The kids often end up on a sleeper sofa as they did here and they all said that the sleeper sofa in the rooms were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words, we are thrilled that we were able to accomodate your needs! We have shared this compliment with the entire staff and we all hope that you will stay with us again in the near future!

Best,
Marjaree Forbes
Sales
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I cannot begin to say enough good things about the staff and our stay at this hotel. I was hosting a wedding in the area for over 200 guests who were all traveling to Petoskey and needed hotel rooms.

From the beginning of my planning, which started well over a year ago, Marjaree in sales was extraordinary. She made sure that everyone in our party had the accommodations they needed (which is not easy to do when you are filling a hotel). I spent countless hours e-mailing, calling, and meeting with her and she always made herself available even if it meant coming in on her time off. She assured me when I had questions or concerns and made sure that all of our needs were taken care of during our stay.

Nancy and all of the staff in reservations and the front desk were considerate, pleasant, and helpful when many of my guests requested early check-ins due to arriving early for the wedding. They also made sure everyones needs were taken care of and did it with smiles on their faces.

Housekeeping was excellent. Maintenance was excellent. Rooms were clean, comfortable, well-equipped and many have great views. The breakfast was great and the staff accommodated our group when we used the conference room to host a special breakfast.

Limo driver on site was very helpful and a nice amenity to have when hosting a wedding. He went out of his way to accommodate the wedding party and guests.

I could go on and on about how great our experience was at this hotel. I would not hesitate to stay or host an event at this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The penthouse suite is awesome! Presidential suites are great. Rooms facing the valley have great views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Renee was managing the front desk the evening I was in need of a room and her the service she provided was impeccable. The room exceeded my expectation and I will definately be staying at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2012

So as I live the Gypsie life and wander from hotel to hotel, I actually found this to be one of the better hotels in the area... if not one of the best. I almost did not want to stay here after reading a review about dogs roaming around the hotel and fleas in the room, but given that I was not too into the style of the Stafford Perry Hotel, I took a chance anyways.

To my surprise, after staying for 3 days, I didn't see (or smell) a single dog or hear a single Woof or Meow. I asked the front desk about having dogs in the hotel and she kindly told me that only 4 rooms on the 1st floor are designated "dog" rooms. The 2nd to the 5th floors do not allow any pets. The hotel did not smell like pets or anything. It was actually pretty nice.

So i got a room on the 2nd floor facing the back, so my view of the hills was pretty nice. The room had TWO bathrooms in it, a separate living room, two different thermostats (one for the living room and one for the bedroom *WOW*), two desks to work on, a full size Fridge, nice 3 burner stove, a sink, silverware, plates, cups, iron, ironing board, pull out bed/couch, two flat screen TV's.... pretty much everything you want ....aside from owning it yourself.

Pros: as above and including being right next to Walmart, Pizza Hutt, Applebees, Bob Evans.

Cons: Its not really a con... as I'm sure if i had told the front desk about this they would have easily taken care of this, which I didn't.... but, there was a huge spider on a web on the patio running up and down across the sliding door. I wanted to go out onto the patio to take pictures and enjoy the scenery, but the spider was stubborn and hogged the entire area.

Room Tip: Face the back, not the road. Ask for a Suite if you are not on a budget.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business