“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Channahon, Illinois
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We had a jacuzzi, fireplace, kitchenette suite. The room was large and clean with a nice view of the valley. All rooms seem to have a little balcony and since the hotel is up higher than the surrounding area you get a view everywhere. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I feel the whole Holiday Inn Ex chain could provide a few healthier options in the breakfast area. We had a wonderful stay here and would love to return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Prescott, Michigan
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is the fist time we had a kitchenette in a room, and was surprized to see plates, bowl, silverware, utencils and dishwasher in the room with stove and full size refridgerator. We went across the road to walmart and got soup, bread, meat, icecream and injoyed one our meals in the room. There is a meijer store a 1/4 mile south too, if you don't want to hear the kids screaming at walmart. Very good breakfast and the room has the bedroom in a separate room w/ tv and chair. We went to Petoskey for a weekend getaway, very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for view looking behind hotel, not the looking out over the road. Very nice view in the back.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Saline, Michigan
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We've stayed at this hotel for the past 4 Labor Day weekends and each one has been a great experience. From the smiling helpful front desk staff to the accomodating breakfast servers and limo driver...all treat my family like VIPs. The warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in are a bonus.

Room Tip: Valley View has peaceful sunrises; street side has great sunsets. Huge warm pool, sauna, and hot la...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The Holiday Inn Express hotel in Petoskey is wonderful. It has balcony off of your room with two chairs on each balcony. The vista view on the deck outside of the breakfast area is fabulous. You have rolling hills with farms and you can see for many miles. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I was told a room with a view is $10.00 extra.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We were passing through Petoskey with our pet. This was one of only a few places that accepts pets. Pets are limited to the first floor rooms of the hotel. Why? Not sure. Our room was very nice. Clean! Sliding doors to the balcony that we could open and let in fresh air which was nice since the room smelled like a dog! With the price of the room($180) i would think they could have sanitized the room so you could not smell the previous dog who occupied the room. It makes me wonderful how well the entire room was actually cleaned.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

I am staying at this hotel as I am writing this. It is 11:34pm on my 3rd and final night here. I will never come back to this hotel! First a little about me. I travel for business about 30-40 weeks per year. I know what it is like to stay in hotels. This hotel has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in for the price. I am paying $260/night for a valley view suite. The view is great, but that is about all this hotel has to offer. The walls are so thin, I feel like I am living in a tenament building. Every time someone leaves their room their door slams. I can hear the lady in the room next to me yelling at her kids like they are here in bed with me. When people walk down the hallway it sounds like storm troopers are marching on parade. If you want a good night sleep, do not stay here. Oh, and to top things off, the water went out at about 8:00 tonight. It is back on but is brown. You would think the management would be communicating something about this to us. Nope. Not a word. Both my wife and I have gone downstairs to the front desk to ask what was going on. The answer was a very disinterested, "It's not our problem". Stay at the Hampton Inn. Nicer view, Cheaper and quieter.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CedarJB
Marjaree F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Petoskey. I cannot apologize enough for the many inconveniences you experienced during your stay at our facility. Its diappointing to me that we let one of our guests down, and did not provide exceptional service to them, which we always strive for. Please know that your concerns and thoughts were taken to the appropriate departments, and should you wish to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss your experience in greater detail. As always we appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Marjaree Forbes
Director of Sales
Holland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The" valley view" room was awesome, a great value and view of the lake and valley. The room surpassed our expectations. It was very clean and quiet. The staff was pleasant and efficient. A great place to relax after a canoe trip. Look forward to coming back when we can sit in front of the fireplace.

Room Tip: We were on the valley side on the 5th floor, no noise. I can't say the there would be a bad room...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Patricia T,

Thank you for your kind words, we are thrilled to hear that you had such a stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Petoskey. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Best Regards,