“Enjoyed our stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We took a trip to Mackinac Island to celebrate our 10th anniversary, and Petoskey served as a great place to stay on the way there and back home. We were immediately greeted with bottled water, a granola bar, and mints. We were blown away by the free limo service from the hotel to the local restaurants, shops, etc. We had our vehicle with us, but it was fun to be treated like royalty! A quick phone call from our cell phone, and the limo driver was back downtown to pick us up and take us back to the hotel. As usual, I did not finish my dinner and had leftovers to take with me. It was so nice to have a complimentary mini fridge in the room for my leftovers. The showers are large with a curved curtain rod, and the shower head provided a soothing massage-type water pressure. The shower head did make some squeaky noises, but nothing too terrible. I enjoyed the Bath & Body Works shower products. Bath & Body Works is one of my favorite stores! Complimentary breakfast in the morning was great, and the patio view was superb! There is a cool pancake machine that you must check out. The scrambled eggs on the buffet the first morning were a little dry and old, but they were perfect the next day, and the restaurant redeemed itself. Overall great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2013

A group of a bride and 4 bridesmaids stayed in a presidential suite the night before the wedding. The suite has 2 bdrms with king beds and fireplaces and a small living area w/ a pull-out couch, fireplace and kitchenette. There is a full bath off the living area and a HUGE bath off one of the bedrooms. There is a jetted tub, bidet, and a large shower w/ seating and 5 water spray points. The shower was amazing, but a little dark, since we couldn't figure out how to turn the overhead light on. The hotel had cookies out when we checked in and there is citrus water and coffee available 24hrs. The continental breakfast is hearty w/ eggs and meat in addition to bagels/pastries and fruit. The breakfast room looks out on a beautiful scene of rolling hills, but our room faced the parking lot. We weren't in the room very long, so it wasn't a problem for us. Def a nice experience, but I can't evaluate value, since I was one of the bridesmaids and I didn't pay. Would consider if I was traveling here again.

Room Tip: Ask to face the back, as opposed to the front which faces the parking lot
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We had reservations at the econolodge. When we arrived, we did not feel comfortable staying there so we are 5 hours from home at 10 PM with no reservation and a screaming 1 year old. We called every hotel in Petoskey and no one had availability. We walked into the Holiday Inn Express and they worked with us to have a room to stay in. We are very grateful to the staff and their kindness.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We rode our motorcycle to this hotel and it was perfect. The staff was extremely helpful getting us dinner reservations at a top rated restaurant.and making sure the limo was there to drive us into town and picked up. The views from our room overlooked a huge, beautiful expanse of the countryside. We had a whirlpool tub in the room. It's a little pricey but most hotels are in the area and this one is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: If you get a chance go for the side with the views (opposite the road) and one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed here during the July 4th weekend. The view was lovely, the kids loved the pool. The breakfast seemed good to me, the kids loved the pancake machine. The two ladies taking care of the breakfast area were very fast and efficient, as well as friendly. Unfortunately, I became violently ill the night we arrived. Not wanting to ruin everyone else's vacation, I sent my husband and kids off to Mackinac Island without me the next day. I put out the "do not disturb" sign, and the staff actually left me alone. I've been in some places where the sign seems to be a "suggestion" and they knock anyway. There was a note put under the door telling me I could call if I needed anything. The front desk staff did bring me up clean towels and toilet paper. When I felt better and took the sign off, the housekeeping lady also asked if I needed something. I was grateful for all the staff's kindness, even though it was a busy weekend. I also liked the little sitting area on the second floor. Also, the first night at 10 pm (before I got sick) the smoke detector started beeping for a new battery. We called the front desk, and someone was up in less than 5 minutes to fix it. I honestly thought we would have to listen to it all night. That's service! Also, since I was laying in it most of the time, I can say that the bed was very comfortable! We had a regular room (not a suite) and we had a minifridge and microwave, plus a balcony. I loved it. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, especially for families. We will return when we come back to Petoskey.

Room Tip: Try to get a valley view if you can. The view is lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had such a great stay and were so thankful! Marjaree was beyond helpful. In fact, everyone was very accommodating and the location was perfect for our plans. Our 2 boys had a blast on their first limo ride and spent every possible minute swimming like fish in the pool. Our room was even better than we hoped it would be with plenty of room and the ability to send kids to bed while we stayed up in the living area. Everyone was comfortable and happy! Thank you so much for a great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We visited the Petoskey area during the first week of July. This was our first stay at this hotel and we will definitely come back. They had a complimentary limo take us to dinner one night and then picked us up. This service was free! We got an executive suite. It was pretty spacious and the view was nice. The pool area was really nice also. We had no complaints and I'm very picky!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family