Our family of four stayed here for four nights on vacation. To summarize our stay, we found that service was very mediocre; no one at this hotel jumped out as being overly friendly; and the housekeeping was poor. We've staying at nicer Holiday Inns for better prices, and we had a corporate discount. There's a nice view of the valley from the restaurant, and an outdoor patio, but all of the smokers sit on the patio so non-smokers cannot enjoy it. Because this was nothing to write home about, we'll try elsewhere next time. For details...
We arrived at 4pm, and were told that our room wasn't ready yet, but we were processed so that as soon as we returned in "30 minutes", we could just pick up our keycards. Upon our return we had to wait in line all over again to receive the cards. Given that we had done this once already, we had expected that the person who checked us in would be on the look-out, and simply pass the keycards on, but instead we were made to wait. After being on the road all day with two little ones, this was frustrating.
Our first impression of our Executive Suite room was that it was ok. We found the furnishings and decor to be dated. So that we could all eat dinner at the pedastal table, we had to move two plastic chairs from outside into the room, and this required our washing of bugs/cobwebs.
We ate one meal daily in the room (dinner) and then always loaded and ran the dishwasher, then unloaded it ourselves. We don't feel that this is something that we *have* to do while paying for housekeeping services, but we don't mind, just like home. On the second day, there were no dishwasher pucks provided to us, so we couldn't run it. We figured that housekeeping would run the loaded dishwasher for us and supply more pucks. Instead we returned to a full and dirty dishwasher. We handwashed all dishes that night for dinner, then reloaded, and this time sought out pucks in the morning, and ran it first thing. We were surprised to return and find it hadn't been unloaded. Apparently, housekeeping found it fit to require guests to load, run, and unload the dishwasher themselves. When I'm paying close to $200 nightly, this service should be provided, and we wouldn't have noticed it was lacking had housekeeping kept up puck replenishment. We also had to leave a handwritten note on the third day to request additional coffee and microwave popcorn supplies, as these were not being replenished.
Next, we had some packages shipped to the hotel, and one didn't arrive. Staff looked and didn't see it, but that was it. We had to call down a few times to see if we would be charged for a toll-free call to the courier, then a local call to the post office, after we tried to find the number ourselves and figure out the location of the post office. With each call downstairs, staff answered with audible sighs and when I apologized for the bother, never received a "it's no problem"; or "how could I help you further?" Not a big deal, but when I read the reviews gushing about the service, I have to question whether these are staffers and their friends:
That same night we had to make an inquiry at the front desk and the frontdesk phone rang while we stood there; the female working looked, mentioned that it was a room calling, and said, "that's too bad...they're justing going to have to wait", and rolled her eyes. I couldn't help but think that's exactly what they were doing when we were calling trying to resolve our shipping issue.
The balconies are covered in astroturf and therefore were dirty, and after a rainfall take over 24 hours to dry, so be careful.
On the plus side, a staff member washed everyone's windows in the morning; we appreciated that and had never seen anything like it before.
Overall, this was average; housekeeping was not up to standard and customer helpfulness must have been on vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Petoskey, MI Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near Little Traverse Bay.This new hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 131 and offers easy access to ski resorts, golf courses, casino, wineries and beautiful Petoskey beaches: home to Michigan's state gem, the Petoskey stone. Your family can enjoy a stay at our Petoskey accommodations with an ideal location near the Bay Harbor Marina, Kilwin's Quality Confections Tours, Raven Hill Discovery Center and Michigan's largest indoor water park, Avalanche Bay. Petoskey is also home to the Gaslight Shopping District and the Odawa Casino.Business travelers enjoy our hotel in Petoskey because of its convenient location near businesses such as Manthei, H&D, Wal-Mart and Northern Michigan Hospital. Several world-class golfing venues, like Crooked Tree and Bay Harbor, are within six miles of our hotel in Petoskey, MI. Free high-speed Internet access and faxing services are offered for your convenience.Our excellent Petoskey hotel facilities offer you upscale amenities including private balconies, a fitness center, a heated indoor pool, whirlpool & dry sauna and a free stretch-limousine shuttle from 3 - 11 PM, with service to all area attractions within a 10-minute radius. Wake up to the fabulous views of Bear River Valley and Little Traverse Bay. Book your stay in Petoskey, MI today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Express Petoskey
- Petoskey Holiday Inn