“think twice”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed in a suite on the 5th floor - which is all suites and was a huge mistake. Nice room but extremely noisy - kids running up and down the halls at 3 a.m., slamming doors, talking loud, etc.... Don't plan on getting a good nights sleep if you stay at this hotel and don't expect the staff to keep other guest quite.

My wife and I ended up leaving at 4 a.m. due to an unruly situation next to our room. Parents had rented a suite for the kids and got their own suite on the other end of the hall - needless to say things got out of control. We were frustrated that the front desk staff was no help in calming the situation so we left in the middle of the night and requested a refund.

Managements response to our request for a refund was a 20% discount on our room rate which is unacceptable in my mind given the circumstance - the details of which I won't go into on this site. I guess that is how Gold card members of Holiday Inn are treated these days.

I have also passed this information on to the Petoskey Chamber for future reference. The executive director was my college roommate back in the day and is a very good friend of mine. .

If nothing else this review allows me to express my discontent about the 20% discount I was offered by hotel management. Hope it was worth the other 80% to management to mistreat a long standing client for this review. I would advise anyone thinking of staying at this hotel to think twice if they want to get some sleep. Mission accomplished.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank lanny s
Marjaree F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Please let us apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at our facility last weekend. It must have been very frustrating and disappointing for you to leave at the time you did. We always want to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied when they walk out our doors, and we failed to provide that for you. We have reached out to you personally hoping to gather more information about your stay.

Thank you for your comment and we hope to speak to you soon.

Warm Regards, Marjaree F

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for a quick spring ski trip to nearby Boyne Mountain. The standard double-queen room had plenty of room for the four of us. The microwave and refrigerator were welcome additions. Breakfast was good (loved the 1-minute pancake machine). They provide a complementary limo service to get you around town. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rjh8115
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stay here about once a month on business and love it. The staff is helpful and friendly, wireless is free and easy to access; it has Big10 network; and the "free" breakfast has healthy options. My room is clean, with a microwave, coffee maker and small frig. One snowy morning I saw a staff member outside cleaning off cars and shoveling the snow between the parked cars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LoriT29
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Decent hotel but really loud. We could not get to sleep last night until late due to the party in the hallway (front desk said they were unable to control) and kids running up and down the halls. I was awakened this morning at 6am to kids running in the halls and sound of someone throwing up in a near by bathroom. I consider getting a good nights sleep the main measure of a hotel and on this then clearly fail!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike H
Marjaree F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. We try our best to keep the noise levels at a minimum after 9pm. This review has been sent to our management team, and we have sent you a separate email should you wish to discuss this matter further. We hope that you will come back in the future and experience our hotel again.

Thank you for your feedback.
Regards,
Marjaree F

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here for an overnight trip for work. The hotel is first class. Rooms are new and clean. As a Platinum member I was upgraded before I even got there, which is always a nice treat when it happens. The staff is very friendly and professional. This hotel has a shuttle service which is a limo. Rates are reasonable. I will return to this hotel at every visit to Petoskey.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I rented the penthouse for an amazing weekend for my boys for the state wrestling finals. This was so worth the money. I was very happy with the 2 levels and all the extras that the room had to offer. I can't wait until we go next year and I so would rent this anytime of the year the view was amazing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Extremely friendly staff and beautiful hotel.
I grew up in Petoskey and it was nice to be able to stay in a nice hotel while going home.
I remember the old holiday inn on the hill and this place is even nicer than that one was.
Wonderful service and the hospitality was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Marjaree F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear MichaelJoseph1962,

We want to thank you for your positive review on our property! We always strive to give our guests the best experience on their UpNorth vacation, and for you to be able to enjoy coming back home even more because of your accommodations then we succeeded. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit!

Warm Regards,