Stayed in a suite on the 5th floor - which is all suites and was a huge mistake. Nice room but extremely noisy - kids running up and down the halls at 3 a.m., slamming doors, talking loud, etc.... Don't plan on getting a good nights sleep if you stay at this hotel and don't expect the staff to keep other guest quite.
My wife and I ended up leaving at 4 a.m. due to an unruly situation next to our room. Parents had rented a suite for the kids and got their own suite on the other end of the hall - needless to say things got out of control. We were frustrated that the front desk staff was no help in calming the situation so we left in the middle of the night and requested a refund.
Managements response to our request for a refund was a 20% discount on our room rate which is unacceptable in my mind given the circumstance - the details of which I won't go into on this site. I guess that is how Gold card members of Holiday Inn are treated these days.
I have also passed this information on to the Petoskey Chamber for future reference. The executive director was my college roommate back in the day and is a very good friend of mine. .
If nothing else this review allows me to express my discontent about the 20% discount I was offered by hotel management. Hope it was worth the other 80% to management to mistreat a long standing client for this review. I would advise anyone thinking of staying at this hotel to think twice if they want to get some sleep. Mission accomplished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Petoskey, MI Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near Little Traverse Bay.This new hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 131 and offers easy access to ski resorts, golf courses, casino, wineries and beautiful Petoskey beaches: home to Michigan's state gem, the Petoskey stone. Your family can enjoy a stay at our Petoskey accommodations with an ideal location near the Bay Harbor Marina, Kilwin's Quality Confections Tours, Raven Hill Discovery Center and Michigan's largest indoor water park, Avalanche Bay. Petoskey is also home to the Gaslight Shopping District and the Odawa Casino.Business travelers enjoy our hotel in Petoskey because of its convenient location near businesses such as Manthei, H&D, Wal-Mart and Northern Michigan Hospital. Several world-class golfing venues, like Crooked Tree and Bay Harbor, are within six miles of our hotel in Petoskey, MI. Free high-speed Internet access and faxing services are offered for your convenience.Our excellent Petoskey hotel facilities offer you upscale amenities including private balconies, a fitness center, a heated indoor pool, whirlpool & dry sauna and a free stretch-limousine shuttle from 3 - 11 PM, with service to all area attractions within a 10-minute radius. Wake up to the fabulous views of Bear River Valley and Little Traverse Bay. Book your stay in Petoskey, MI today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Express Petoskey
- Petoskey Holiday Inn