Looks very nice from the outside, well kept paint, decor and landscape. Lobby fine. Front desk staff nice, but did not honor special request for valley view even though reservation was made 2 months in advance. Forced to book 2 nights when only needed 1, however when we checked in we found that hotel was not fully booked and they still made us keep both nights. Nice...
Placed in "upgraded" room. Hallways sad with strange stucco walls and yellow paint, weird lighting. Entering room you smell dirty kitchen odors because room is an "upgrade" and has a kitchenette. Sorry, do not put a kitchenette in a room unless you also install a proper stove hood and clean room perfectly, because it will smell, as our did. Smelt like old trash as well. Oh well. Open windows, and you get huge noise, 16 hours of the day due to location on main highway leading into town. Nice view of a Wallmart parking lot, just what we needed. Drunks return from casino at midnight and stand under our window smoking for about 15 minutes, nice touch hearing their loud conversations.
Mattress worn out and too soft. PIllows are foam blocks.
Bathroom strange, cheaply made, dated. Room large but uncomfortable.
Breakfast... nice staff, clean. About the same as most Holiday Inn Express, funky fake scrambled eggs, heat-and-eat sausage, death gravy, biscuits.
I will stress that staff was very pleasant, but would not address our concerns. View out the rear would have been nice if we had gotten one of those rooms. Not too much to choose from as far as regular hotels go in Petoskey, but we were disappointed and will never visit this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Petoskey, MI Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near Little Traverse Bay.This new hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 131 and offers easy access to ski resorts, golf courses, casino, wineries and beautiful Petoskey beaches: home to Michigan's state gem, the Petoskey stone. Your family can enjoy a stay at our Petoskey accommodations with an ideal location near the Bay Harbor Marina, Kilwin's Quality Confections Tours, Raven Hill Discovery Center and Michigan's largest indoor water park, Avalanche Bay. Petoskey is also home to the Gaslight Shopping District and the Odawa Casino.Business travelers enjoy our hotel in Petoskey because of its convenient location near businesses such as Manthei, H&D, Wal-Mart and Northern Michigan Hospital. Several world-class golfing venues, like Crooked Tree and Bay Harbor, are within six miles of our hotel in Petoskey, MI. Free high-speed Internet access and faxing services are offered for your convenience.Our excellent Petoskey hotel facilities offer you upscale amenities including private balconies, a fitness center, a heated indoor pool, whirlpool & dry sauna and a free stretch-limousine shuttle from 3 - 11 PM, with service to all area attractions within a 10-minute radius. Wake up to the fabulous views of Bear River Valley and Little Traverse Bay. Book your stay in Petoskey, MI today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Express Petoskey
- Petoskey Holiday Inn