“Pre Christmas trip”

Stafford's Perry Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We had a great stay at this historic hotel. Great service in a beautifully restored classic property. The restaurant, and bar were also above expectations. Top notch service, and we loved the downtown walkable location. We opted for a basic room which was cozy, but just fine for our stay. The hot tub felt great after a day of skiing too! Our room was a little too warm for us, and we did have to phone the front desk to set it down a bit for us, as you can't control it from the room. No big deal.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Stafford's Perry Hotel

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We had a very nice room that was an upgrade because our first room was not quite what we expected. The front desk staff was very gracious and moved us into the other room that they had available at the same rate. It is an older historic hotel, so there are thinner walls and quirks, but the location is perfect for enjoying downtown petoskey, and walking back to the room after a few drinks!

Room Tip: Go with the king size...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silvia-n-cheem
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This historic hotel was perfect for a romantic getaway with my husband. Good restaurants within hotel as well as prime location for shopping and dining in Petoskey. Their art museum is a plus. We like to stay at one of the Stafford's at least once a year. End of season rates are unbeatable.

Room Tip: Request room with a view to face the fabulous views of Little Traverse Bay.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mackinaw512
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I paid $200 a night for two nights to stay in a small room with a TV set that looked like someone stole it from your little brother's dorm room in 1999. And it was set on top of a small dresser that looked like it was just picked up off of the curb. Minimal toiletries. Bedding looked like it came from the Holiday Inn. Two double beds crammed into a narrow room.

I understand that this is an old hotel, but I've stayed in other historic/old buildings and not felt like I was staying in your Great Aunt Mabel's attic guest room. It was one of those situations where you are afraid to touch anything at first because things looked a little dingy/old BUT it was definitely clean and the bathroom was clean. No problems with the cleanliness of the room. Just want to reiterate that it was clean!

We arrived at the front desk well after check-in time and were told our room wasn’t ready, that the cleaning staff was having a hard time catching up. Which is understandable, these things happen. But we were also not offered any sort of contingency plan like, “Wait in the sitting room and have some coffee, we’ll call you when your room is ready.” or “There’s a great bar downstairs, have a drink, we’ll call you when your room is ready.” Front desk staff was pleasant, but to be offered a solution to the problem rather than just being sent on our way and having to check back in to see if our rooms were ready was NOT pleasant for us.

My favorite part: I could hear every conversation my neighbors were having. Normal, regular-people volume – I could hear everything they were saying through the paper-thin walls. How could I complain when they were talking at normal volumes? It wasn’t like they were throwing a party next door. It creeped me out more than anything. I felt like I was in a hostel! Sadly for me there were a few weddings in the hotel that weekend so there was some later night coming and going. If the walls were thicker/rooms quieter, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Positives of the hotel: Great character. Fantastic location, right downtown, walk everywhere. Clean. The Noggin Room bar/restaurant downstairs is great and cozy.

Positives for other people: My friends also booked a separate room in a different wing (a single) and they seemed to have a much better room than me – balcony, flat screen TV, great view of the bay. Made me a little bitter that I paid the same price and got the stuffy, crammed room! Reading other people’s positive reviews it seems like maybe I had an off-stay … but still, this was my experience here …

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BlueLouLisa
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel is quaint, well located to everything downtown has to offer and adjacent to the bike trail. The service is good and there are plenty of spots to hang out - including Noggins bar and a nice community area with a fireplace.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Katherine P
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The Perry Hotel is an old hotel in downtown Petoskey. It's bright yellow paint on a corner make is stand out and easily visible. There is lots of history of the town and the hotel itself through out the building. The rooms are smaller than a modern luxury resort, but the charm and decor more than makes up for it. We found the room to be comforatble and quiet. Great location to walk around town and beautiful views of the water and fall colors.

Room Tip: Paying for the view may not be worth it. The rooms are small and you may not spend much time there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BLMRNM
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My Mom, Sister In Law and I stayed at the Perry in August. We arrived on Monday and left on Wednesday. We took advantage of their shopping package which included certificates for downtown Petoskey.

The hotel was beautiful and comfortable. We had a Bayview room, and it was very comfortable. We ate in the Noggin Room one night, and in the Rose Dining Room for breakfast both mornings. Great food, great service.

The only slight issue was the wedding reception happening in the courtyard. The band was fairly loud but the music stopped at 11:00pm.

Overall a great experience. No complaints!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family