“Excellence!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Marquette, Michigan
“Excellence!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is a must stay! This is an old hotel, but you can tell that it is well taken care of. It was very clean. I was a little worried about the door to my room as you could see light through it, but I had a great night sleep. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The location of this hotel is great and was able to walk through downtown and enjoy the town without having to get in my car. I will definitely stay here again if I find myself in Petoskey again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Redheadedyooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

A classic hotel with wonderful common areas. This is what hotels with character should be. It is really nice and in a great location in downtown Petoskey.

The rooms are large and classically designed. The front desk and hotel staff were very friendly.

Highly recommend a stay at this historic spot. Really cool.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We spent a night at the Perry while in town for a basketball tournament with our disabled son. The hotel is very well kept, and the check-in went very smooth. When we arrived at our room it was quite small and had two double beds. Our son, would not have done well in the room and we returned to the desk where the clerk immediately moved us to a larger room with two queen beds which worked much better for us without an upcharge. The only issue we had with the room is that it just didn't get warm. The thermostats didn't appear to work and we did contact the front desk once but it didn't really get any warmer. The bathroom had been renovated recently and was well appointed. Water pressure was good which with older properties you don't always get. Bed was comfortable, WiFi worked fine, had a flat screen TV and was clean. We had dinner in the Noggin room after the game and even though the kitchen was closing we were able to get what we wanted and it was all very good. The pizza was really good and I enjoyed their spaghetti while others had sandwiches and salad. No complaints. We didn't really use the spa or exercise area due to time. Part of the group had breakfast and said it was good but expensive (if you book on-line it's not included) and the server had an edge when she learned we booked on-line for some reason. The hallways reminded me of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining, and I suspect there could be a ghost or two roaming the hallways but for me that was a fun part of the experience. We are planning a getaway this summer and think that the Perry will be high on our list of options.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dave A
Mt. Pleasant, MI
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We live in mid-Michigan, and have stayed at the Perry regularly over the past 10 years. It is lovely historic hotel, with nicely appointed rooms. The view is fabulous, the service is outstanding, and the room have unique charm. We especially enjoy the common sitting area near the fireplace, and the wraparound porch when the weather permits. The Stafford is walking distance to several wonderful downtown Petoskey restaurants, and the bar on the lower level of the hotel usually has live entertainment which is a great way to end a day. This is one of our favorite "go-to" places to unwind.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy P
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I spent a weekend in the middle of a great ski season at this well-known old hotel. it is about a half-hour from Boyne Highland, where I skied. The hotel has lots of charming furniture, ornaments, and atmosphere. The front lobby abutting the dining area is beautiful. The rooms were nice and I felt comfortable. My room had a gas fireplace, a nice touch.

The room prices were OK, and I was able to get an upgrade for my room without paying more.

I used the workout room, which was OK, though it was a little dark and somewhat cold.

The staff were both helpful and flexible, which I find to be particularly important when I travel. For instance, they were able to prepare a breakfast for me to take with me when I left very early in the morning to catch my flight (i.e., I left the hotel before breakfast started).

One thing I did not like was that the rooms do not have individual climate control, because of the age of the hotel. After skiing, I like to warm up by cranking up the temperature but this was not possible.

Room Tip: For an extra $5 per night, you can get a refrigerator in your room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ddan7777
ohio
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The Stafford’s Perry hotel is a block in from the bay with some rooms having an unobstructed view of the bay. This property has history all over inside of it. The lobby area is very well kept and to say nice would be an understatement. All of the rooms feature a story to go with. Once inside the room you may find them to be small in size, ours, room 322, certainty was. Though small, the room is well maintained and clean. Ours had two beds that did not offer the best comfort, but also did not leave me complaining in the morning. The TV, if that is important was very small (less than 20”). Hotel has a small workout area and small hot tub. I would stay again, Thanks.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mmtripsOhio
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I recently stayed at The Perry hotel in Petoskey, Michigan. My family and I traveled to northern Michigan to get in a few days of skiing at Nub's Nob. As it was the weekend before Christmas, the hotel as well as the city were pleasantly active but not crowded with the post Christmas rush.
We purchased their Holiday Shopping package, which probably (for us) wasn't the most cost effective way to go. I misunderstood the terms of the package and was left with useless vouchers at the end of the stay. All in all, the room was historic and pleasant with plenty of room to accommodate our gear. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The location is terrific for winter sports (Nub's easy 5 mile drive). I probably won't stay here again, however, as I welcome some of the amenities found in newer properties (coffee makers, etc.). For a historical property in a lovely town , the Perry does a great job.

Room Tip: The staff was very helpful in helping us select the right room for us.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family