“Quiet and Serene”

Terrace Inn and 1911 Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Petoskey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We decided last minute to take an anniversary vacation up north. We haven't spent an anniversary together since our wedding day and we wanted to have a quiet, relaxing weekend. Doing a random search we came across The Terrace Inn. The prices seemed affordable and when we spoke to the front desk, they were very helpful and accomodating. They recommended the Little Traverse Suite. The photos online don't do it justice. At first we weren't sure that was the room we wanted until we got there. The high ceilings and the view alone were worth the price of admission.
Everyone is very friendly and the continental breakfast is available later than most chain hotels! So, we even got to sleep in a little!
We also ordered the romance package and received a vase full of flowers, two wine glasses, a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries and a card! Totally worth it! It was chilled and ready for us upon arrival!
We would definitely go back next time we want to get away from it all! And don't worry, for those of you who can't afford to completely get away, the wi-fi connection is very strong!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ViennAngel

Reviewed 11 May 2009

my family and friends have been coming to the terrace inn for 8 years. we come for the pampered mothers' day weekend. we have massages (the best in town) pedicures, manicures, and facials. the food is excellent. the rooms are beautifully decorated and are spotless. the staff is great. what else could we ask for.... it has it all.

the gals from sterling heights, mi area.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank gkitty35
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Terrace Inn is a great place top get away from it all. We had a great dinner there, and we felt like part of the family. Both Patty and Mo stopped by to chat, and we had one of the best meals I can remember.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grandrapisjeff
Reviewed 11 December 2008

We stayed here during the Petoskey open house weekend and "What a treat!" I wasn't sure what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone, from the front desk manager, Emily to the owners, Mo & Patti Rave were very attentive and ready with historical info and entertainment suggestions. Our room on the first floor was a quaint mix of old world charm and modern convenience. Breakfast was amazing, yet totally casual, no rush. Dinner was excellent, the dining room experience is a must! We spent one evening just relaxing in front of the huge fireplace listening to music and people watching. We spent Saturday cross-country skiing on the property - what a beautiful scene, historic homes, towering trees, truly amazing views of Lake Michigan. Everything is 5 minutes away, shopping, the casino, the ski resort. The best place I have stayed - and that includes The Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island.
I would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for an enchanting get away - a step back in time. I not only would recommend this Inn to my best friend, I brought her along for weekend!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank km27952u
Reviewed 5 November 2008

I found the Terrace Inn on line when I was loooking for a special place in which to celebrate my birthday. It surpassed my expectations! That was in 2004. Since that initial stay, I have stayed there over 20 times - whenever I want a relaxing, pampered get-a-way. My partner and I have stayed at the Terrace Inn (and my daughter) in all seasons and have always had a wonderful time. The rooms are quaint, well-decorated and comfortable. I loved the ambiance, the old world style and quiet charm. I also loved the choice to have a
TV in your room(not my choice !) and no phone. My idea of a vacation is to get away from the busy life we lead and just relax. My partner and I both enjoy that we have the time to talk to one another without our daily lives getting in the way. Just sitting on the porch or walking through beautiful Bayview has a calming effect. Once there, you have the privileges of being a Bayview resident. We have crossed the bridge and watched the fireworks from the rocks on July 4th, we have taken sleigh rides in the winter and attended a Murder Mystery weekend with our daughter. We spent New Year's Eve there last year which was one of the most enjoyable New Year's that we have spent in a long time. We have introduced many friends to the Inn and they have all given us rave reviews. The staff are all helpful and very friendly. The rooms are clean and welcoming. The included breakfasts are ample and the food at dinner time is fantastic! The Terrace Inn boasts a varied menu which is superb in taste and presentation. I assure you that if you want a lovely vacation to entice the senses while allowing you to get away from the "rat race" pf daily living, spend a few nights at the Terrace Inn. Even after 2 or 3 nights, you will feel as though you have had a much longer vacation. My partner and I always come home rested, relaxed and looking at the calendar to book our next trip back.

Pam and Michael Richardson

• Stayed: July 2004, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2008

We did not have reservations at the Terrace Inn. My husband grew up in Petoskey, Michigan and took me to see where he stayed as a child. The woman at the front desk was more than helpful and she even gave us a tour. We were shown a number of rooms but we absolutly fell in love with room number 203, the Lillac Lovers room. The room was lovely, and it was exactly what we needed for our trip to the States. We only stayed one night, but we will definately be back for a much longer stay!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pohluk
Reviewed 29 October 2008

What a delight to spend a little time in a quaint hotel nestled in the Bayview community. We enjoyed the charm of a bygone era, with the lovely decor, delicious dining room and warm, friendly people. Plans to return next year are on the drawing board!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chelsea073
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petoskey
Stafford's Perry Hotel
#3 of 15 in Petoskey
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#3 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Terrace Inn and 1911 Restaurant? Share your experiences!