“Great Accessible Room, Terrific Management”
Review of AmericInn Petoskey

AmericInn Petoskey
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Scottsdale
“Great Accessible Room, Terrific Management”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Nice hotel overall, but an exceptionally nice accessible room. Large bathroom with roll-in shower and reclining chair with electric lift to assist getting out of chair (see pictures).

Friendly staff, complimentary coffee and fruit at front desk all day. Nice pool and spa. Large, well-staffed breakfast room with good presentation. Very good Wi-Fi. I almost gave this a 4 rating because the mattress was starting to show its age and there was only a tiny awning protecting the entrance from the rainy downpour at my arrival.

Everyone seems to be working hard to make this one of the best Super 8’s in the chain. When I complimented one of the housekeeping staff she told me it was a team effort. Very good hands-on management.

Debby and Dan were both very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bloomfield MI
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Have never stayed at a Super 8 but this one was Super! Great view, very clean,very quiet , comfortable beds and great rate for this area. So glad we stayed there and probably will again. Asked for a room with a view and got it. Second floor but no elevator which was not a problem.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Madison, WI
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was on a motorcycle camping trip through Northwest Michigan. It started to rain so I had to find better shelter for the night. I found this Super 8 on TripAdvisor and it was highly rated so I made a reservation on my cell phone.
I was extremely pleased to find a really nice room with a reclining chair, quiet a/c and super clean everything. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming. The best thing was that they offered a nice buffet breakfast that was really pretty good. Previously I had always chosen Holiday Inn Express because of the free breakfast. But they are starting to get expensive. This Super 8 was just as nice, maybe even better, but I paid less than $100 for a single room.
I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: They do have many handicap rooms, and they gave me one of those even though I am not handicapped. M...
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We were here for a wedding and this is where the wedding had a block of rooms, so we stayed here. I can't believe we paid OVER $120 as the SPECIAL RATE at an old poop-hole like this! Don't bother. There are so many cool privately owned places in the area that are so much nicer and less smelly.

Room Tip: Keep your expectations very low
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank amandahugnkiss13
Maynard, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed here while in Petosky for a wedding at nearby Bay Harbor Village. My room was very clean, which is always a major concern of mine. The staff was incredibly friendly and always made sure to say hello and ask if I needed anything when I passed them in the halls and the lobby. The quality of the continental breakfast was a welcome surprise. When I hear the phrase "continental breakfast" I've come to expect nothing more than dry muffins, cereal, and fruit that's passed its prime. The breakfast at the Super 8 Petosky, however, included hot fresh waffles, hot oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy alongside bagels, cereal, juice, and coffee. I highly recommend this hotel.

Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed 9 July 2012

For the life of me I can't understand why this property gets good reviews. I was so expecting much more. Lobby decorated in very old decor and didn't appear clean. The room had not had the air conditioner on (it was 102 degrees outside) and the room smelled very stale and musty. I will have to say that the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fair but appreciated

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I chose Super 8 Petoskey based on its location in relationship to our trip plan. It was a very pleasant surprise. The front desk staff at night and in the morning were both very friendly and helpful. Cookies and snacks were offered free at the front desk. The breakfast was definitively a PLUS, and the breakfast staff was great. I went in for more coffee after closing and she actually asked if I wanted anything else. The pool and hot tub were both larger than most and very pleasant. It is an older facility, but it is clean and well maintained. Ask for a parking lot view. It also gives you a beautiful (obstructed) view of the lake.

Room Tip: Ask for a parking lot view. It also gives you a beautiful (obstructed) view of the lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple