“Fantastic last minute stay”
Review of Super 8 Petoskey

Super 8 Petoskey
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Fantastic last minute stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I recently went up north to visit our family in Harbor Springs. Unfortunately upon our arrival, we realized that all of the hotels in the area were full, or way out of our budget. We went online and found out the Super 8 of Petoskey had vacancy, and booked a room as soon as possible. What a great place! Upon our arrival, the staff at the front desk was so helpful! We were able to check in at 1:00 even thought the actual check in time wasn't until 3:00! The young man working the desk answered every question we had about our stay, and game us the best price that he could which meant a lot to us knowing that he was trying to save us money. The rooms were amazing as well! Everything was neat and clean, and the cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing and had lots of choices. The only issue we had was that there was no elevator, but the young man at the desk gladly help us carry our luggage. We would defiantly stay here again if given the chance, and we will be recommending this hotel to all of our friends!

Room Tip: There is no elevator but the staff is eager to help carry luggage. Pool was very nice, and the prop...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
knoxvillle iowa
Reviewed 6 August 2013

In June of 2012 my husband and I were vacationing in Indian River Michigan. We decided to go to Mackinaw for the day. Were in the gift shop and my husband passed out. We took him to a doctor who immediately transferred him by ambulance to the hospital in Petoskey. I looked for a place to stay as he was going to have to have surgery for a blocked carotid artery. I found the super eight motel. The staff there were very courteous and nice. They went out of their way to help me in ay way they could. I had no family so I was alone. The desk clerk talked with me and helped me to relieve much of my anxiety. The rate that I received from my husband being hospitalized really helped as we had to stay an extra six days. The rooms were very clean and the pool and hot tub were just right. They had a very good breakfast which helped as I di9dn't have to pay extra for a breakfast meal. I also received a discount at the BOB EVANs restaurant for being a guest of the super eight. Everything helps when you are on an unexpected extended vacation
I have never been in a hotel so willing to be of assistance to me. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again if I were in the Petoskey area..

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms would be a god choice. I stayed in two different rooms on the first floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ragnurse57
Jackson MI
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Air conditioner in our room shut down and smelled like it was burning, desk staff came up and couldn't do anything. They would not give us a different room and did not take any money off our bill. The manager promised to email me a certificate for a free night and we never received it. Just terrible customer service and uncomfortable stay. We will never go back here!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple